Options

Nervous

I have my first egg retrieval on Thursday. I will do one more retrieval before transferring any embryos back. I am not worried about any of the procedures but I am starting to get very worried that 1) I will never get pregnant again or 2) that when I do, I will miscarry again.
All my doctors have said my miscarriage was due to chromosomal issues and there is no reason to think I can't carry a pregnancy, but I still worry. I'm sure all these injections I've been doing are making me super emotional as well so that isn't helping. Anyone else dealt with this?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry Jaime no I haven't experienced what you are going through but I feel your nerves popping through my screen!!! You will do so awesome at the procedure, and before you know it all these nightmares will end and you'll have your precious little one beside you!!! Sending you positive vibes for an easy procedure. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Thank you Mumsy!!
  • Options
    good luck tomorrow! a baby is coming your way soon!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Tomigrl....I still have another month of injections for a 2nd retrieval before any transfers....I am hoping all this worrying is just the mass amounts of hormones lol
  • Options
    Good luck today...
  • Options
    Good luck today, hon. I just know you will have a sweet baby in your arms soon. And those hormones are a killer- I'm sure they are a huge part of your nerves. Sending hugs your way!
  • Options
    Best of luck today Jaime!! Can't wait to hear how it went!
  • Options
    Well, you know everything I have gone through during this process, and I can say everytime I hold my little girl, it's worth every second. Just picture that moment and know it will happen for you. And all these injections, emotions, and crazyness will be a distant memory. Good luck!!! I'm praying for you.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Retrieval went well, they got 8 eggs and 7 fertilized successfully.
  • Options
    7 fertilizing is TERRIFIC!!! Keep us posted and sending baby wishes your way!!!
  • Options
    I was hoping for twice as many eggs, but I have no idea what is typical.
  • Options
    Forget typical. You did great. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Thats so exciting!!! Congrats on 7!!! :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone....I am down to 5 that have grown properly....they'll be watched for 2 more days and then frozen, so I'll find out Wednesday the final count.