Options

# of vials

Ladies how many vials do you use per IUI? I have been using one vial and I am considering using two my next IUI in early June. Would two vials be a waste of money or increase my chances of conception?

Comments

• Options
    I bought six which included free storage I think for 1 year. I figured that I would need 2 vials for each cycle. My re does back to back inseminations. I figured if I got pregnant on the 1st or second iui I could either do buyback or save for a sibling.

If youre re only does single insemination iui this would last a lot longer.
  • Options
    yes my RE only does one IUI per cycle. She doesn't believe that 2 IUIs increase your chances and she wont do a second one! So I thought maybe I should use more than one vial to get more sperm. Do you think 2 vials to one IUI increases your chances?
  • Options
    I dont think using more than 1 vial per insemination will increase your chances of conception. The uterus can only hold a certain amount of sperm, the rest will just leak out. Doing back to back may increase your chances by up to 6%. Our RE does back to back, but each RE is different.
  • Options
    ok thanks thats good to know, then I wont waste money!!!
  • Options
    jrials,

My RE wouldn't do back to back IUI's or double doses...He said that it was a waste of money...He reminded us that it only takes one! :)

Just so you know...He was right...we had one natural IUI cycle and got pregnant on our first try.

Good luck!
  • Options
    ok thanks ladies. I am going to cont. to use one vial. I am 38 yrs. old, so maybe its taking a lil longer than I expected. I am on injects with trigger and I hope thats wat I needed to get my BFP!!!!