Options

Vial availability and donor # 12441

I was wondering what the average amount of time a donor has his vials available? I was about to order from # 12441 and then the very next day he didnt have any ici available. I would like to order 1 at a time but afraid the following month he will be all out again. How long do the donors usually have vials available? And how often does it start over again? (released) I thought when i called i was told he comes in every 3 months but i could have misunderstood. Also how many births has he had ? Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Hi Tracy -

12441 has less than 5 reported pregnancies so far.

Donors can sell out very quickly. Many donors have waiting lists, so when there is a vial release the donor may actually sell out without vials being made available to the general public. ICI vials can sell out particularly quickly since we collect less of them (based on client/physician preference).

Vial releases generally occur about every 6 months depending on the donor coming in for his blood draw on time.

12441 is tentatively due for his next release in mid-November. He should have a limited supply of ICI vials. I would highly recommend adding yourself to the notification list through Client Services at 866-927-9622. He does have an ample supply of IUI vials currently available.

Ordering one vial at a time is a risk if you are not willing to change donors. We always recommend ordering 5 vials through our Family Today program. We store them free for a year, and you can sell back any you don't use that haven't left our facility. If you are thinking about a second child, the only way to make sure you will have access to vials a couple of years down the road is to store them now. Family Tomorrow offers 3 years of free storage with the purchase of 10 vials.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Oh, less than 5 in almost 2 years! Does not sound good. Thank you
  • Options
    His profile says he started Feb of 2010. Is this when the paper work was started or when people started purchasing just so i can see exactly how long he has been doing this. Thank you
  • Options
    Hi Tracy -

Profiles are completed fairly early in the screening process. Donor 12441 had his first vial release in January 2011.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Tracy...did you ever end up using 12441? I was curious to see how many pregnancies he's up to!!
  • Options
    I used him for 9 iuis. I changed and did a 10th and now moving onto to ivf with a different donor
  • Options
    Good luck Tracy! I'm ordering his goods this afternoon! Hopefully something comes of it!
  • Options
    He is my first choice but i cant keep going with same donor. Its just not working. Good luck !!