Options

First timer

Hi, I am a 29 yr old woman and I am new at this. I have had tests done by my dr and he says that I have a 22-23% chance of becoming pregnant each ovulation cycle, which he says is good.

I have no known fertility issues as of yet (aside of not having a suiter ;-) )

My dr seems to be of the idea of using IUI anyway, and I agree with him.

But I am impatient to get started, that is, I want to order from here and for him to do the IUI thing. I have my donor picked out already, so I am ready to go.

I don't want to pester him with phone calls, so how does one temper their impatiance? It is already too late for this cycle, but I want to be ready for the next.

Comments

• Options
    Lydia,

I am not sure any of us are very patient with this. The only thing I think about to calm me down about this waiting game is to remind myself that timing in all things are important.

A couple years ago a friend mentioned I should consider this. I couldn't even begin to. Then in October, a different friend mentioned me trying this. For some reason, it stuck. Then I talked to the first friend who REALLY pushed me. They've all tried fix ups with me but they must think I am desperate with some of the characters they try hooking me up with!

Anyhow, I started looking very carefully for a donor. I bought many health histories and baby photos. I ruled out any that didn't at least seem to have a history of Christianity. I ruled out any with family temperaments that seemed to consist of mainly controlling and rigid people. I also ruled out any with several family members that are substance abusers, have mental health issues, or have a few cancers or something in the family.

When I finally found a doctor who would do the IUI(and do it free!!)he wanted me to first have a heart ablasion to stop my tachycardia, then wanted me to do another laproscopy to get rid of any more endometriosis (I had it done a couple years ago, too)and to get a D & C and push dye through my tubes to make sure they are open.

It has been 5 months since I decided to do this, and IF I ovulate on March 2nd or 3rd like I should, then he will do the IUI's then. I just had laproscopy this morning so there is a chance I won't ovulate, but I believe I will.

The donor I chose has at least 6 reported pregnancies, 3 of which I know got pregnant the very first try so I am excited. His vials are gone now, so I am relieved I purchased enough vials to have a couple kids.

Anyhow, Lydia, "Be anxious for nothing, but through prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God which goes far beyond anything we understand, will guard you heart and mind." Easier said that done---I agree. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and I try to help people use "cognitive therapy" to help them with situations they struggle with and I have the darndest time trying to use the skills I know very well in order to help myself!

Just know that each 'set back' could mean that you are getting to know your cycle better so that you can absolutely pinpoint your ovulation because of your basal body temperature, your cervical mucus, and your Lh surge using ovulation sticks. You may spend much less money on vials if you have it pinpointed. Also, in my case, my doctor was slowing me down to help me have a greater chance of conceiving quickly, and to avoid causing the baby any problems by trying to get rid of the tachycardia. So....I have to tell myself often that my eggs AREN'T getting too old, and the wait has been important! Of course I AM not a spring chicken, so I'm glad I got started when I did. I am 37, and understand that egg quality and quantity decline rapidly after age 30, and even more rapidly after age 38. So, I'm getting started at least.

Best of luck, Lydia. It's scary at times, but oh, so exciting. Contact me anytime at my e-mail mmimibeth@aol.com if you want to talk. I totally understand the need to bounce feelings and ideas off of someone who has similar ideals and values, especially in a situation like this.