Options

First IUI next week... then to RE?!

US today showed the complex cyst on my L ovary is resolving, so I am cleared for my first IUI next week! I'm so excited -- can't decide if I should just do one or back-to-back IUI's?! While I was waiting for the US my OB's office called & said as soon as I have an HSG done I get to go to RE and my insurance will pay 80% -- yea! For the first time EVER I am actually thinking that if RE recommends IVF (due to my age and numbers) that I might do it!

Comments

• Options
    I have read that research shows chances are not much higher with back to back. If re can do only one with perfect timing its all you should need :)
  • Options
    Yea, decided to go with one, just ordered the vial!
  • Options
    Nettibug do back to back IUI's. Gives you a better shot at insemination. That is what my doc says. Maybe it is because my doc does no tests and we do it relying on LG Surge's. Good luck either way. Keep busy as it will help the time go bye.
  • Options
    I had success with one well-timed IUI. Many others have as well. However, you should do what feels right to you and your doctor. Good luck!
  • Options
    I wanted to do back-to-back but decided to go with just one this/first time around since it is also my first time taking clomid. I'm afraid if I ship two vials then I will end up surging early and my timing (with work schedule) will be all messed up. But assuming this time around is just for practice and I know if/how clomid changes my cycle, I will definitely two back-to-back's until RE advises me to move to IVF...
  • Options
    Good luck nettibug. Keep us up to date.
  • Options
    Good luck nettibug,. I have my first IUI next week.
  • Options
    (+)OPK x 4 last night (hehe) and again this morning! OB doesn't do same day scheduling (plus I had to work today) so IUI is tomorrow at 8:30am! Can anyone advise on the best method to discreetly carry the enormous tank?! Bonus: no nanny or friend available to watch my 4 y/o since clomid bumped me up 2-3 days :P
  • Options
    nettibug don't they send the tank to the doc office? They did for me. Good luck.
  • Options
    I had to carry mine too, nettibug. I just assumed that the big, fairly nondescript box would keep people from knowing what it was (unless they were involved in the process anyway). When it was in the car I put a towel over it. Good luck!
  • Options
    Nope, my OB doesn't accept tanks (but hopefully RE will when I get there). I found a big bag from IKEA that *mostly* concealed it but ran into someone I used to work with at the clinic and she kept looking at it but didn't ask!

Numbers were good (total 47.3 million, total motile were 21.3 million) but I'm not feeling anything compared to with DS, I just *knew* immediately that I was PG, no doubt. I scheduled my HSG next month so it'll be the week before next IUI and maybe blow my tubes clean :P