Options

IUI after ovulation

I was wondering if anyone here has had their doctor do an IUI after you already ovulated. I told mine I had a positive OPK on day 10. I saw him on day 11 and had an 18.5 follicle with a uterine lining of 8.7. He told me to save my money because OPK's are not always accurate. I went back again the next day and the follicle was no longer there just what appeared to be a corpus Leutium. He said he thinks I had just ovulated that morning and went ahead with the IUI. I feel like him and the nurse were not being honest because they knew I was upset after I already said I had a positive OPK prior.

Has anyone had success with IUI after already ovulating? Saddened and disappointed on how it all played out today because I want to feel like I can't trust them. The wen who did the ultrasound said she wouldn't waste her money if it were her, she showed the pictures to the doctor who said I should go forward with the IUI. She then came back to do it and said she was glad she showed the pictures to the doctor. I feel like it's very rare to do IUI after ovulation.