Options

Donors

I have actually narrowed it down to 8 donors.These donors are everything I have been looking for. I have been at this all for a while. I have had a few saved for a while.Now, I'm right back at it. I was wondering if anyone has any info or has used these donors?

Comments

• Options
    I also forgot to add. If there is any information you could share with me. Profiles, essays, photos. You can reach me at wannabeamommy87@yahoo.com
  • Options
    You don't have to give me any info on any of these people. I would just like to know if there are any known pregnancies from any of the above.

I totally understand, It's only fair I purchase my own information on all of the above. It's not fair to expect others to just let people have info, that you spent money on.

I'm sorry for the above post.
  • Options
    mommy87,

I used to share donor information but do not anymore ever since a couple of people on here have complained about it and CCB does not want us to be sharing donor info of course. I have not used any of the donors above, but I did purchase information on donor 11443 and all I can say is that he had the worst audio interview I have ever heard! It wasn't only him, but the man conducting the interview sounded like he was angry and in a rush.
  • Options
    Mommy87,

Two of the donors listed above are in the donors of the month picks. I see 11443 in November, and 11521 was in August. If you are not sure what I mean go to the home page and it is in the lower left part of the screen. Each month they select new freebies to offer about certain donors. It is an easy way to see if you want to keep them on your list, or take them off your list.

Renee
  • Options
    I have now narrowed it down to between 4-6 donors. It's not that hard when you know exactly what your looking for. @ tjmoors ,Thanks for the heads up on donor 11443! I purchased a few baby photos. 12168 has an adorable baby photo! :)
  • Options
    Never mind! I'm back up to twelve!
  • Options
    mommy87,

I must've had over 20 favorite donors when I first started searching! lol It took me about 3 months to finally make a decision: In March I bought vials of 11241, and then 3 weeks later I exchanged him for 11687. It can be a bit overwhelming during the selection process, so I wish you the best of luck and hope you find "the one" :)
  • Options
    This has to be the hardest thing I have ever done.

My list so far is. I'm just wondering is anyone has has any success with any of these.

How do you know your picking the right one? For me I think I'm going by which one I would feel most comfortable with if I was in a relationship with the donor. Is that a good way to go to pick my choice?
  • Options
    I know for sure I'm in an earlier stage of this than you but I agree with you. I picked 10 baseline things (initial search) I knew I wanted and then the final decision will be based on 'a feeling' a 'connection' if you will. I think a bit of this is a leap of faith...
  • Options
    I usually look at the family history - especially the medical background, and then I look at the baby picture - always nice to know what your future child might look like :) Then the audio interview is what I look at next to get a feel for who they are. The majority of the questions they ask the donors in the audio interview are the same, so it is really down to how they conduct themselves. Some sound cocky and bored, which is off-putting to me. I "connected" with my donor while listening to his audio interview - I just liked his answers and how genuine he sounded.
  • Options
    I was just looking at the donor pyramid and was amazing to find out that 9 of 1000 donors that try to get into the program are actually selected. With that said, why is it 'worth it' to purchase the long profiles if the genetics tests and background tests are so extensive in order to get into CCB in the first place? I just dont know why I need all that family history...thanks for helping.
  • Options
    I think I'm getting there. I was at twelve then went up to 13, now I'm down to the final 9.

Left on my list are:
  • Options
    I can't believe I'm down to the final 5! I'm so nervous yet excited at the same time. The donors left on my list are:
    Some of the Essays I read were horrible. Has anybody else had any bad experiences with some essays?

Daria, I will either be getting info in 12028 or 11420 within the next week. Are they still on your list?
  • Options
    My partner and I are using 11420. We've had 3 negatives. We will be trying our 4th next month. 11420 does not have a good track record, so we thought we would try. We may be switching donors for the 4th.
  • Options
    mommy87,

Would you be willing to email me donor 12168's baby photo?

My email is smoothanne@hotmail.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    sjewel, I'm sorry, I never purchased 12168's Baby photo.