Options

First IUI soon... Advice?

Starting clomid and hopefully have first IUI next week. Any good advice?

Comments

• Options
    I know everyone says this, and it sounds so cliche but try to keep calm. This TWW feels like it takes forever, but just try to keep yourself busy with other things in your life. The wife and I are currently on our second round of Clomid/Ovidrel IUI wait. Keep us updated! :)
  • Options
    Thanks!!!
    I started my first round of Clomid today and have a follicle scan next Wednesday.

Good luck to you guys!
  • Options
    Hi ! I will be going for my first follicle scan next week. Very nervous about the pain.
  • Options
    First attempt IUI July 14th... Started on letrozole. Anyone else taken this medication?
  • Options
    Hi Firsttime!

Am by no means an expect (my wife and I just did our second IUI this morning), but if I had one piece of advice, it would be to not read too much into any symptom you may feel. Every time she felt something in the first round we wondered if that was a sign of pregnancy. She even felt nauseous sometimes! But it turns out it was due to her ovulation because she had multiple follicles.

And yeah -- keep calm and (and silly/impossible as it sounds) try not to think about it too much.

Baby Dust!
  • Options
    Yeah I've been reading a lot, but trying not to look too much into anything. I have been VERY nauseous yesterday and today from the Clomid, but have read that is common.

I can't wait until Wednesday to get everything going...and then I think our IUI will be Friday or Saturday.
  • Options
    I'm officially starting my TWW. Had my IUI this morning.

FINGERS CROSSED!
  • Options
    I go next month in August for my first ultrasound to find out when I ovulate and I am thinking about taking clomid. Then in September 2015 I will have my first IUI. I am so excited and a nervous wreck because I just want it to happen on the first try!! But my wife and I are so ready to become parents. I am just so excited.
  • Options
    It is an exciting adventure. Unfortunately, AF arrived this morning so I am out this round... We had some things come up this month and have decided to skep August to just let everything settle, but should hopefully, be starting back up in September. I don't want any added stressors to the mix!!

Best of luck to you guys!!! Let me know how things go!!
  • Options
    Hi yes it is an exciting and nervous adventure. My wife and I did our first IUI in June. So the funny thing is my cycle came on for 1 day and just went off so it led me to believe it was what they call implantation bleeding. Reason why I say that is b/c it is now the end of July and still no cycle. I took 3 test and still showing negative so guess we are still hopeful. If not we will be trying again in Sept. Good luck to us all :)