Options

Tired of Waiting in CO

So my partner and I are just starting to look at donors, but we aren't planning to inseminate until next summer. I'm bursting at the seams to begin, as I'm going to be 32 this February, and my clock is ticking louder than ever! Plus, now a co-worker of mine is pregnant and it's just made me more anxious! I feel really hopeful about our donor choices (though they are so pricey!!) and feel worried that next summer these same guys may not be available. I know we're trying to save up money for the actual insemination, but I am so anxious!!! What can I be doing with myself to make the time pass quicker??

Comments

• Options
    Hey!
    My partner and I are in the same boat, although we may be a few months ahead of you guys. Send me an email if you'd like to chat.
    thesnowaway (at) yahoo (dot) com
  • Options
    There are tons of PG ladies all around me. I wish I could tell you something to make it easier.

We are hoping to start trying around the same time. We have an appt with my dr to discuss our options in early December. I'm already going crazy in my head about it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the words of support. We've pretty much decided on a donor, and now we have to decide that we want to purchase him and then store him for 6 months. Hopefully this will help me relax a bit about it...Probably not though! : ) I feel like I just want to do this thing now, but I know we had a plan for a reason. My partner is a teacher (1st year!) and our plan was to try to have the baby over the summer so that we could both be off at the same time. That seems like a good plan, and everyone tells me it will pass quickly...I guess we'll see!
  • Options
    I will have to say that as soon as we secured our donor and put him in storage, it was a huge relief for me... Just knowing that we had made the huge decision on the WHO and knowing that we "had the stuff" in reserve helped me through the last few months to begin planning for the IUI.. Plus the time passes quickly... I have had dr. appointments for all kinds of check ups to focus on getting healthy..

I also look at it like - Each extra day I have to take the pre-natal vitamins, get off of caffeine, do yoga and meditate before pregnancy is an opportunity to ensure I'm creating the best possible environment for a little one to grow.

Two other things.... I also started a journal of all the information I am learning and I cart my bbt and other signs on fertilityfriend.com and that really helps pass the time and is helping me become more familiar with my body.

Good luck and it will be here before you know it!
  • Options
    You are sooo right! We ordered 6 vials of our guy last night, and already I feel better! We got the free storage for one year, so we have the flexibility to decide when we are truly ready...both of us! It just feels more concrete now than ever! I'm so excited I could bust, but you are totally right about creating the best possible environment for a baby...That's what I will focus on for the next 6-8 months! The journal is a great idea...Thanks so much for the post...I really appreciate it!