Options

No Pregnancies??

My wife and I have our hearts set on using donor 11422. However, the date on his essay and profile is 2005. He doesn't have any pregnancies listed. Is this a bad sign? I've been reading "The Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy for Lesbians" by Rachel Pepper (WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!) and it gave me the impression that picking a donor without pregnancies may be setting yourself up for trouble, especially because he has been a donor for a long time. Is there a way to find out if many people have attempted pregnancy with his sperm?

Comments

• Options
    With all do respect to Ms. Pepper, reported pregnancies have nothing to do with your chances of a successful pregnancy and can be misleading. All CCB donor applicants are extensively screened and must possess outstanding count, morphology (shape), and motility to become donors. Every donation is individually checked.

Although this donor filled out his profile in 2005, his first vial release was not until late March of 2008. To date, he has not sold very many vials (most likely due to his 5'8" 135 lb stature). Depending on his donation schedules, availability for blood draws, and general timing, the qualification to release process can take quite a long time. Typically not 2+ years, but it can an does happen.

If you both feel he is "the one", I can guarantee you your chances of a successful pregnancy are just as good with him as any of our donors with multiple reports on file.

Hope this helps,

Scott
    CCB