Options

Excited and nervous

Hi everyone! I will be going to the doctor on Monday for my u/s and blood work to start the process. It looks like I will be having my IUI on September 4-6? Yeah!!!!:)

The first day of school is Monday and I am a teacher. I am worried about the timing of the doctor's appointment and getting to work on time. The doctor's office only does u/s and blood work early in the morning (7:30) and it is only 15 minutes from school. Everything is ready for Monday, but still very nerve racking.

Thank you guys for all of your support. You are the best cheerleaders in the world. Sending lots of baby dust to all of you.

Comments

• Options
    Hi TNC! How exciting for you! I'm a teacher too, with school (for the teachers at least) starting on Monday. Have you told your principal? When I begin all of this, I think I'm going to have a sit-down with her and explain what's going on, so she'll understand the potential need for a doctor's appointment here and there.

Good luck and baby dust to you! Sounds like you're in for an exciting school year!
    Abby
  • Options
    hi ladies-
    why is it so many of us are teachers? i'm a teacher too. school starts this week for me. happy first day of school and have a great year!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, glad to know you are out there.

Abbyjenna- Hi! I could not tell my principal. He did not approve of me trying to adopt; he would be very upset about this. He believes that family should come after work. I am glad to hear tthat you have a supportive principal, you feel you can talk with about this.

Have a happy first day of school I am excited about my kids.

I am glad that there are other single teachers out there to talk to. Thank you for your support.

Lots of baby dust!!!!!!!! I would love to know where you ladies are in the process.
  • Options
    I agree, it is so funny that we are all teachers! (I guess we all love kids!)
    We don't start until next week here in NY.
    Good luck to everyone for a great school year.
  • Options
    Another teacher here. School (with kids) starts tomorrow and I will not be there. I'm going in for my egg retrieval for IVF tomorrow morning. Talk about bad timing. Off all summer and this is the day it falls out on. I spoke with my principal and kept the details brief. I said that I'm going through some infertility treatments and I have a surgical procedure that unfortunately falls out on the first day with the kids. I brought a list of 3 subs and let her pick who she felt would be great. She said now that she's aware of things, if she gets any phone calls from parents she can assure them I will be there the next day for the 2nd day.

Being honest is great but leaving out some of the details is ok.

If you were pregnant and having complications and needed to miss an hour here or there you would, so this should be treated the same.

Good luck to all my teacher friends during this crazy back to school/getting preggers time.

Susan
  • Options
    Good luck to you Susan!
  • Options
    Susan-
    Good luck tomorrow. You will be in my prayers. Thanks for the advice.

My period stopped and then restarted tonight. So, I will be going in on Tuesday morning instead. I am hoping that I can make it to class in time or ask someone to start the class off for the first ten minutes if traffic is bad or they take longer than planned.

Thanking God for all of you. You are a blessing to me during this time. Lots of baby dust to all of you.