Options

A "Positive" for the New Year

My partner and I tested on day 12 dpo and it said POSITIVE! She went for blood work and her hcg level was 35, while progesterone was 72. Things are looking good so far!

We are excited but very nervous due to or m/c in June. We are going to get weekly blood work to make sure levels are rising.

I never knew a past m/c would make us so guarded in our excitement, but it certainly has!

This was our 2nd attempt with donor # 11443 (IUI).

Comments

• Options
    CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH

We are so happy for you... did you use ICI or IUI vials this go around. We are being put on injections and Clomid this third and last cycle.

Kim
  • Options
    Thanks Kim! I was so sorry to read your last post, but am glad you are moving to the next step. My partner and I are very nervous and are anxiously waiting for the first trimester to be succesful. I read so many different things about rates of multiple miscarriages. It is all so confusing!

Anway.. we used IUI, but if it did not work, we were switching to donor # 11429. He is set for release on January 5th and they said he will most likely have IUI vials at that time. I know he has a few successful pregnancies with others on the boards.
  • Options
    Well we will see what happens. Did you guys research the other donor? Why did you choose him and etc...does he have good traits? We are debating on switching donors but are not sure.

Kim
  • Options
    Congratulations, Kinohio!! Try to keep the stress to a minimum and take good care of yourselves mommies to be!! Wow, this is so great! We are happy for you!

KJ and CJ
  • Options
    Kim,
    We downloaded 11429's informaton (long profile, baby photo, kiersey) and he was very similar to 11443. Main difference..he is 6'3" and has twins in his family history. Other than that, they are very similar. When we chose a donor, it was important to get someone that is similar to me (non-carrier).

Any other specifics, just ask and I'll look them up.

Cjkj,
    Thanks so much for your well wishes.
  • Options
    What did his photo look like? I would download all of it but my partner is stressing over the cost as of late. We are doing it this last time and that is it so it is important for us to make the best decision possible. We have one other possibility as another couple is willing to sell her unused vials for a lot less. She emailed me his photo and profile and he is pretty good as well but we are not sure. I hope we make a choice soon as it will be one less things for me to worry about. So did you guys have a different diet this time, anything would be helpful.

Kim
  • Options
    Kinohio~

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a wonderful way to start 2009!!

I am so excited for you!! I know you must be nervous and a bit guarded, but enjoy this time!

We have been 1 IUI behind you girls, so maybe this month will be good for us too!!

Congrats again,
    Kimberly
  • Options
    His baby photo was much younger than 11443. You can tell he is a big baby. You can email me at kdscoach@oh.rr.com and I will send what I have.

The only thing we did different was inseminate in the afternoon the day after our surge as opposed to the morning after. My partner did walk (evening) because a nurse told her there are studies that walking in the evening helps with fertility.
  • Options
    The photo of this donor is a very young photo... I feel taken. The photo was not helpful at all. If you want the photo I can e-mail it to you if you post your e-mail.