Options

Trying Clomid for the first time

After four months of IUIs and a quickly draining bank account, my wife and I decided to try Clomid. I'll start next week. We could handle twins but are terrified by the thought of getting pregnant with more than two. Has anyone on here gotten pregnant with more than twins?

Also, I'm nervous about the side effects. I've read that some women do better taking the medication before bed. Has that helped any of you?

With finances becoming such a problem I'm praying one cycle of Clomid is all it takes for our BFP!

Comments

• Options
    I haven't used clomid, but we are using Femara. It's like Clomid but with less side effects. My doctor recommended Femara because I was afraid of the side effects of Clomid. There is also a chance for twins with Femara. We just did one cycle of Femara and sadly it didn't work. so we are trying again in Feb. I took the med twice a day morning and evening and didn't have a problem. Both medications thin your uterine walls. Good luck to you guys!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you and best of luck to you too! Hopefully we will both get lucky our next cycle.
  • Options
    Hi 2mamas,

Good luck! I think it's smart to go ahead and risk the odds of multiples, but maybe I am just impatient. I did Clomid in Nov and they scared the crap out of me about having triplets, but I got a BFN. I just finished my last dose for my January cycle last night and have had 0 side effects. I do take it later at night, like 9:30 or 10 PM.

Sending baby dust your way! :)

Livvy
  • Options
    Thanks Livvy!! I hope this is your lucky month! Does the Clomid change when you think you'll ovulate? For instance, right now I'm set to start my cycle on 1/13 and ovulate on 1/27. I'll start Clomid on 1/17. Do you think that might change when I ovulate?

It's so nice talking to others who are going through this same experience.