Options

How long to get pregnant?

Hello,

Can some people please tell me how long did it take for you to get pregnant by ICI or IUI?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    One IUI
  • Options
    Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Since no one else responded, I feel compelled to tell you that my results are not typical. Most women who have not yet had a significant drop in fertility take 2-4 cycles. The age at which each woman sees her first significant drop in fertility varies from early thirties to early fourties.
  • Options
    I've tried 6 IUI's and so far no success. Every woman is different!
  • Options
    I just did my 5th IUI on Tuesday and of course hoping this one is it! It really varies alot though- the number of tries it takes. I know plenty of women who got their BFP on the first try! Like Arkmom said, I think average is 3-4 tries...thats what my OB/GYN told me as well.
  • Options
    I have had 6 failed IUI's also. I will have another IUI this coming week, and the great thing is that it will probably be on,Nov 4th, my birthday. I used Clomid for 5 cycles, Femara for 1, and then I demanded for them to give me something stronger(injectibles). I am taking Follistim for this cycle. I went to the doctor yesterday and found that I have 3 maturing eggs!!! YAY! I was only getting one follicle on the pills...good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    1 unmedicated IUI - age 35 - We now have an 8 week old.
  • Options
    I'm 38, and it took 4 IUI attempts before I got knocked up. I'm now in my fifth week of pregnancy.

Worth noting: we used 2 vials of premium sperm per IUI. This was recommended by my doctor's office, and I was told this is "average" by a CCB employee when I reported my pregnancy.
  • Options
    It certainly does vary. I got pregnant with 1st IUI (unmedicated) at age 38 and have a beautiful 1 year old son.

Now I've had 3 unsuccessful IUI's (with Ovidrel trigger shot) trying for second baby. I will be going for # 4 in December. MD's typically say 3-4 is average.
  • Options
    6 unsuccessful IuI, 3 unsuccessful Ici at home. Trying 4th ICI at home this weekend. Just turned 33. I'm starting to think that average isn't average.