Options

Reece is here!!!! Emergency C-Section!!!!

Hi girls...here's the update...

Friday (36 weeks exactly) we went to our regular bi-weekly NST and the baby looked fine on the monitor, but the doctor wanted to see me anyways. My doctor was on vacation, but we saw the other doctor in the office. He just wanted to see if I was progressing any at all.

So, we saw the nurse to get checked in and my BP was up...178/100...she put us in a dark room and had me lay on my left side hoping that it would go down. After about 30 minutes, the doctor came in and went ahead and checked me. I was only 1/2 tip dialated. He said they would check me again next week. Before leaving the room, he had the nurse retake my BP and it was like 200/110 and she suggested that he try to take it. He took it and it was 220/128! 8O He said that since I already have pre-e, that they needed to take the baby immediatly! I was like "uh, okay". I was not prepared for that! Then I stood up to get dressed and my water had broken! Whew, what an exciting day!

So, we left his office at 1:30pm and went straight to the office for an emergency c-section at 3pm! This ruined my plans of NCB, but we got a beautiful, healthy little girl anyways! She weighed 5 lbs. 15 oz. and was 19 1/4 inches long! It was the most amazing day of our lives! We are so blessed! She is such a good baby...we are so in love! Oh, and did I mention she's beautiful??? lol

We are still in the hospital and my BP is still running high, so they just added another BP pill along with a Lasix to get rid of the swelling. I hope to go home tomorrow, but we'll see.

I'm going to try and post pics on FB tonight...just give me a little bit!

Comments

• Options
    Congrats Misty and Carla!! I'm so happy for the 3 of you!! I know it wasn't your birth plan but ultimately your plan was to have a healthy beautiful baby girl and you did! I'll request you as a friend on FB so that I can see pics of beautiful baby Reece. Enjoy every amazing second of motherhood you both deserve it so much!!
  • Options
    OMG! CONGRATS! Thats so great! I'm glad everything went well, and shes here to be loved on by her Mommies!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad everyone is doing ok. I'll definitely be looking for the pictures also!
  • Options
    AAAHHH!!! CONGRATS!!!

That's so amazing!! I am sooo glad it all turned out ok - I have been thinking of you guys!!!

Thank you so much for all your support on the boards and the updates - it's such an inspiration and has given me so much hope!!

I am truly happy for you and pray you have many more years of unfettered joy with sweet Reece!!!

All the best,
    Kel

btw- I will also try to find you on FB- I keep forgetting to add the cryobank... so looking forward to the pics!! Thank you for so generously sharing your miracle with us!!! :)
  • Options
    I KNEW IT!! Thanks Reece for being a good girl and waiting until Friday!! Knew that you could!!

So... mamas... glad she's here and okay. Be looking for those pics although be a few more days till I can see them... working to Wed this week.

YAAAAHHHHOOOO!!! Got me a another niece!!! :)
  • Options
    AWWWWW!!!!

Congrats Misty and Carla!
  • Options
    congrats! so glad/relieved/overjoyed for you.
  • Options
    Congrats!!!! I saw the pics of Reece and she is just beautiful!!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations Misty and Carla. I've been following you two from the the beginning. I've very excited for you both.

My partner (Misty) and I are still trying. Today was our 5th IUI and our 1st medicated cycle. We're hopeful.

All the best to you and your precious family!!
  • Options
    YAY! YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy for you all! SO SOOOOOOOOOO happy! Congrats!
  • Options
    Sooo- I am having FB troubles...
    I only found the one Cryobank one and it has no pic - which just looks creepy btw.
    I added it as a "friend" but it is still pending for 2 days now.

Is that the right one??
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Endo: I think you have to use the one that says "California Cryobank".
  • Options
    CONGRATS!... all 3 of you are evidence that all our frustrations, worries, and hopes really CAN come true! Blessings on you all - welcome to your new family!

-Laura & Cindy
  • Options
    Congrats Misty & Carla!! I hope little Reece is proving to be a very strong little girl!! Can't wait to see the FB pics later when I get home!

Endomama~ If you are looking for the FB group that a lot of us belong to (but not actually affiliated with CCB), it is listed as "CCB Friends".
  • Options
    Another update...we were back in the hospital for two days due to jaundice. We are home now with a bili blanket and see our doctor on Tuesday to see if it's working. She's lost more weight...now she's at 5lbs. and 2 oz. I don't know how though...she eats great! Other than that, things are great! She's such a good baby!
  • Options
    Oh- I will be thinking of her and you guys!! Hope she improves soon- my brother had jaundice when he was born in '90 - they had us put an incubator lamp over his crib and get a certain amount of sunlight each day. But he recovered quickly- hopefully Reece will too!!

Hang in there and hope you are getting lots of naps when you can!!

Also- still no luck on FB!! lol I must be ignorant...
    I tried the "California Cryobank" with no profile pic - and they still have not accepted. And I tried "CCB" and there are none that look like the right one.

I give up I think - lol
  • Options
    I think it's called CCB Friends...if you look in some older posts here, you will find one with Facebook in the title...post a request to join and Kim will just add you as a friend.

Reece's jaundice is doing better...we went to the doctor yesterday and they say it's almost gone...she's gained 1oz. and is up to 5lbs. and 3 oz. now...she also grew 1/4".
  • Options
    Another update...we went back to the doctor yesterday and Reece weighs 5lbs. and 9oz. Yea! She's finally gaining!

These past two weeks have been amazing! Having a baby sure is a big change, but so worth it! Carla returns to work on Monday and I'm a little nervous about that. She's been such a great Mommy! She's taken care of both of us and I could never do this without her. I love seeing her bond with Reece. These are moments I will never forget.

I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Options
    Congrats to the 3 of you. I'm glad everyone is doing well and enjoy the most exciting times of your lives. Babies are the most amazing beings and they make every day better :)
  • Options
    I'm so glad Reece arrived safely. I've been thinking about you gals a lot. I too have followed you girls since the beginning. God bless and I pray your little sweetie keeps gaining weight for her two mommies. takecare Nicole
  • Options
    Hi, girls...just wanted to update...Reece is now up to 6lbs! One ounce over her birth weight! Yea! She's doing great! She's so precious! I pray that each of you get that BFP soon...I'd like to share my sleepless nights, poopy diapers and first time Mommy anxiety with all of you. :) Seriously, it's a lot of work, but so worth it.

Baby Dust (loads and loads of it) to all of you.
  • Options
    Awww- so glad to hear all is well!! I'll bet it IS a lot of work - I am nervous about flying solo on it - but excited too!!

Hang in there and try to capture as many moments as you can - I plan to be a photo and camcorder-aholic!!! lol