Options

Weird cycles after 1st insemination

I was just wondering if anyone else out there had troubles with having irregular cycles after going through artificial insemination. I've always been regular until after my first go around. I didn't get my LH Surge the month after and I'm now on day 15 of the 2nd cycle after with no surge. My doctor's office didn't seem overly concerned but I'm so frustrated that I've only had one shot at mommyhood and then got stalled out again.

Any advice or help would be great...thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Have you been charting for a while so you really know your schedule? I don't usually get my LH surge until CD 16. The month of my second (successful) IUI I surged on CD 15 but I blamed the early surge on spending the weekend with my lactating cousin, her toddler and baby.
    Stress can also mess with your cycle... I understand how frustrating this can be. This process is out of our control in so many ways. I was really bummed when my first IUI didn't work and then my Ob's office didn't even want to do the second one because they thought the timing was too late and I ended up pregnant! He's due in a little over a month! Do all you can to keep positive. I know it probably sounds a little corny now, but you'll have the baby you're meant to have, it'll just come in its own time.
  • Options
    I really only charted the one month but my cycle has always been 28 or 29 days. After my first IUI, I started on my normal day, and then had a second full period a week later...then no ovulation that month. The following month's cycle started on day 36 from the 2nd period (so really really late). And now again, I'm on day 18 and haven't had my surge.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. It took my husband and me forever to get this far, so it's so disappointing to have been stalled out again after only one try.

Congrats on your little one! And good luck!! :)