Options

First IUI 11747.. fingers crossed!

So, we've been registered for a few years now and we finally found the time for us that was just "right" in starting a family.

After doing plenty of searching for us to find the perfect donor, we decided to go with donor 11747.

Our first insemination was done this past Sunday 11/13/2011 with our TWW in hand .. we're anxiously wishing the two weeks would pass.

I have been blogging our experiences, so please feel free to follow along. The web address is: http://2mommies4me.wordpress.com

I'll keep things updated as we go through on this post as well!

Comments

• Options
    Good luck with the insemination, I hope it works for you your first cycle. The TWW is the hardest. Anxiety kicks in to PEOS a stick early!
  • Options
    We hope so too. It is hard to go through the TWW. You know what is going on in the body. I keep seeing the opening scenes to "Look Whose Talking" and keep telling myself a little guy made it through the egg and now we just have to wait for it to latch on for the ride and give us a BFP.
  • Options
    Tomi has purchased our pregnancy tests and is anxious to use them!

We're trying to figure out maybe when the hCg shot will be out of her system, seeing as how we took the shot on Friday of last week. Let's hope it's already out!
  • Options
    Hi Tomi how did it go for you two this cycle? If I didn't take don't be discouraged it may take a couple. I'm on my 5th IUI. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hey Jaa~

It did not take this cycle, so we are a little disappointed with that. However, we know that things will happen when the time is right and no other time. It will happen, so we just keep focused on that.

Of course we are dealing with the emotions with it and etc., cause we wanted it so bad and it didn't happen. It is disappointing, and we have talked about how it is that we feel about it not happening and etc. I think it's hard for those watching us go through this as well, so it's just an added thing to the mix cause you see their feelings of sadness that it didn't take too.

Good luck on your next IUI!
  • Options
    Well, we had a BFN this last cycle. However, we have seen the Dr and we have been given the news that we have 3 eggs, but only 1 is viable and is the largest that we have seen yet. Maybe it's a sign!

We do the insemination tomorrow morning. Here's for attempt #3 (3rd cycle, 2nd insemination)
  • Options
    HI Tomi I am having my IUI tomorrow at noon. Sorry it didn't happen for you last cycle. It doesn't get easier unfortunately and the more people involved makes it even more disappointing and sad for everyone. I know I am in the same boat. But the good news is you have one viable egg at a great size. This cycle I did Clomid/Follistim/Ovidrel. I have 3 follicles 2 viable and 1 trying to catch up. I'm really happy with this cycle I responded well to the injectables. Good luck we will be in the TWW together. Hoping for a BFP for Christmas!
  • Options
    Yea, most definitely will be going through it. I find me blogging and doing the comics has helped me out quite a bit going through everything. We have not done a clomid/follistim/ovidrel cycle, yet. We've only done the clomid/menopur hybrid cycle.

Here's to hoping for 2 BFP'S!!!
  • Options
    HI Tomi how is it going I'm on 6DPO today the TWW wait is hard. I won't be able to test early this cycle which is a bummer because I took an HCG trigger shot and i could get false positive if I test early. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Jaailu -

Things are going pretty decent. With it being the holiday season, we have been a little hectic making sure we get all of our shopping done for both sides of the family. I (Shawnda), come from a pretty large family... while Tomi comes from a small family. So, it's been insane needless to say.

It's as if this time around PIUI, that time is going by ever so slowly. I can't believe how slow things have been this time around. We are also on 6DPO into the TWW and this TWW is just horrendous. Tomi and I have both agreed not to talk about it, in hopes that it gives us good luck and some magical baby dust. Time will tell though.

I just found out that a friend of mine from HS (her sis is gay as well), is going to be an auntie from her sister and her wife. They just announced that they are pregnant!
  • Options
    Hi Tomi, how's it going have you tested yet? I'm 12 DPO today got a bfn so hoping for bfp in a couple of days. The holidays has helped me through the tww wait.

Happy holidays and hoping for a BFP for both of us.
  • Options
    Hi, I tested yesterday and got a BFN. However, they say implantation can take up to 12 days. Hopefully, that is the case here. Tomi has been having some weird stomach issues today that kind of feels like indegestation, but all over so maybe that's a good thing. Here is to hoping.

Shawnda won't let me test again until Friday and we will continue to test until I start, if I start. We are still hopeful and thinking positive thoughts. One thing that we haven't done this time around is talk much about it, as we didn't want to be stressed through the entire cycle.

Happy Holidays!!

MAGIC BABY DUST TO US!
  • Options
    Hi Tomi how did this cycle turn out for you? I got a BFN so I'm already starting another cycle I am on day 8. Happy New Year!
  • Options
    Jaailu, we got a BFN as well. We are on d8 as well. Our RE has us taking baby aspirin as well this cycle. He also did some blood work to see if there was something going on that we were not aware of that was causing us to not get pregnant.

We should be able to find something out on the blood work sometime today.

We go in Tuesday for a d12 follie sonogram.
  • Options
    HI tomi I just got multiple blood tests done. My Thyroid is higher than they would like it. I'm gong to take some meds to bring it down. My RE said it could relate to miscarriage. All the rest of the tests came back normal. I get my d12 follicle ultrasound tomorrow also. Good luck this cycle hoping for a BFP for both of us. What is baby aspirin good for?
  • Options
    Hi Jaailu,

I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid. Does he have you taking synthroid for it? That's what my partner, Shawnda, takes. As hers doesn't work right either.

All of my blood work came back normal, which is a good thing. I am relieved about that. We did our d12 sono yesterday, and we have 1 follie that is at 16mm, so we're hoping it grows enough for an attempt. We are going back in tomorrow morning for another sono to see how big they are at that time.

The baby aspirin is to ensure that there is no clotting going on in that region. It also improves the blood flow down there too, as Tomi's lining wasn't getting as thick as it needed to on its own. The baby aspirin has helped with that this cycle.

We are going to go see Kathy Griffin on Friday. We're hoping that will provide a lot of relaxation and lots of laughter going on. It will do us good to do something fun anyways.

Will let you know how things go. How big were you follies?

Are you doing this alone, or do you have a partner along with the ride too? Where ya from, if you don't mind me asking? Shawnda and I live in Oklahoma.
  • Options
    Hi Tomi, yes I am taking synthroid a low does for 3 weeks than I get my levels checked again. I'm taking a progesterone supplement this cycle just for my own peace of mind.

I had a good reaction to the meds this time around, my best one yet, I'm happy. I did Clomid, Follistim and Bravelle. On cycle day 15 I had 2 maybe 3 follicles on the left one at 19mm the other at 17mm. 2 follicles on right at 14mm. I took my hcg shot on cycle day 15 and the IUI was on cycle day 17. The doctor seemed to think that the 2 14mm follicles maybe will not catch up when I ovulate but they did have 2 days to grow so we will see. 2 good follicles is a good result I think.

Hope you had fun at Kathy Griffin I love her she is great we've seen her in concert 3 times.

My partner(wife) and I are married and live in San Francisco.

I'll let you know how it goes, today is 5dpo for me. I'm feeling some dull cramping all day, so hopefully a good sign. How are you feeling.

Good luck to you and hoping for a BFP for both of us.
  • Options
    Jaailu,

Ahh, Shawnda (me), has to take synthroid on a daily basis due to her thyroid. We are also taking progesterone as well. He also has us on an estrogen patch too.

We only had one egg this cycle, but we did talk to him about increasing the injections if things didn't take this time. What is follistim? He doesn't have us on Bravelle, but on Menopur, but we have talked to him about maybe changing things around next cycle.

Kathy was a great show. I love her more in person than I do on the tele.

Tomi has had some cramping on her right side, so hopefully all is well on that too. We did our insemination on Saturday, so it is day 5 for us too if we're counting the morning of Saturday.

Here's to baby dust!
  • Options
    Hi Tomi, if it doesn't work this time for you. I would definitely ask your RE to change up the meds and maybe start it earlier in your cycle maybe day 3.

This is what I know about the injections.

BRAVELLE® is a highly purified preparation of human follicle FSH, containing FSH and LH

Follistim AQ (follicle stimulating hormone) is a man-made form of a hormone (FSH) that occurs naturally in the body. This hormone regulates ovulation, the growth and development of eggs in a woman's ovaries. Follistim AQ is often used together with another medication called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG, such as Menopur.

I think If I have to go through another cycle I am going to ask for Bravelle it burns like heck when you inject it but my ovaries responded to it better than Follistim.

My first cycle on injections I was taking Follistim 75 iu for 5 days and 3 days at 100iu, and my second round was 100iu of Follistim for 5 days and 2 days of Bravelle. The second round worked better. I guess it takes a little while to get the protocol down, but the meds are so expensive and my insurance only covers $2,500.

So here is to baby dust so we don't have to go through the fertility treatments any more!
  • Options
    Hi Tomi how is this cycle going for you? I'm feeling some twinges of pain since yesterday and have this backache and side ache that won't go away. I'm not sure if the HCG shot is out of my system it is 12 days past Trigger today. Good luck to you sending baby dust your way.
  • Options
    jaailu -

Tomi has had the same things going on, but she has tested negative as of this morning. I am hoping that she doesn't start, but said she feels all bloated and etc., so we'll see.

Because she hasn't started yet, we will continue to test for a few days past until she starts her flow.

The dr. did say that if it didn't work this time, he is going increase the amount of the IU meds.

Before you mentioned the cost of the prescriptions, we have the Wal-Greens Prescription Savings plan and that has seemed to have helped us out a great deal in this instance. $20 is the best investment that we've made in all of this to help with the costs associated with getting pregnant.
  • Options
    Jaailu -

Have you tested yet? We are a BFN! We are talking about taking a break next month, then starting back up in March. We have a lot going on with us too. we are contracted in on a house, so we will be moving within the next month or so. We are going to be painting the new house and all of that good stuff too. So, it might be best.

Tomi just started her last semester in school and is taking 18 hours to boot. So, we will see how things go!
  • Options
    HI Tomi, I got a BFN we have a lot going on right now in our lives. We took a break this month we are going to be trying again in march. We needed a break. I'm going to ask RE to increase the amount of meds also, sorry you didn't get your BFP. I will be ready to go again in march, hoping the best for both of us.
  • Options
    Well, it's been a long time since we have posted anything. So, I figured it was time for an update on the forums.

We decided to take a break after our last attempt, mainly because we had a lot going on. We were in the process of buying a house at that point in time and we ultimately decided it was best to hold off on a child. We didn't want to move while possibly being pregnant and etc.

On March 23, 2012 - it was official! We've bought our new home! Woohoo!! Super excited and happy to be in it. That's for sure!

Since then, our world has been a huge roller coaster. My wife's brother had passed away, so we had to go to Ohio for that. Still kind of reeling from that devastating news. However, we have opted that even though there is death in our TTC journey, that hopefully there will be a new life in our near future.

We went to the doctor the other day (Wednesday), as we decided to try this month! Our first sonogram showed a follie that was 14cm. So, our RE had asked that we take another injection and come back on Thursday. Well, 1pm Thursday arrived and off to see the RE again with good news. Our follie went from 14cm to 19cm and another follie (wasn't worth mentioning before) was now 14cm and still maturing. We've got the thumbs up to try this month!

So, off we go! Selected a new donor, called the CCB, requested shipment and we have it here! Our baby's daddy is in our dining room waiting on Monday morning to get here. At 9am, our little swimmers will be on their way to meet that nice mature egg!

Rainbow baby dust is needed, I'm sprinkling mine all over the place!
  • Options
    Hi everyone... I am new to the site. Name is Brie, my partner and I are trying to get pregnant asap. I have stage 4 endo, and have my left ovary and tube removed during a laparoscopy 2 years ago... now my body is in top shape and ready to do this! It's been scary so far...stressful. Insurance barely covers anything, and I'm lost when it comes to all of the terms involved with the process. What is a TWW? And... this is my FIRST cycle trying. Just had my 3rd day ultrasound since I have all of my tests completed including the HSG.... They are going to start me on clomid this Friday if that ultrasound shows I am ready. I'm terrified...to be honest... because we have enough $$$ for 2 cycles total...after purchasing the sperm and paying for the parts that insurance won't cover. I'm really praying for a good outcome soon... Nice to meet anyone that is in here btw. Good luck to everyone. =)
  • Options
    Brie, welcome to the forums! The terms can be a little daunting at times, but I am sure you will figure it out through your journey. There is a great dictionary of terms at:

http://www.twoweekwait.com/community/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=36

TWW = two week wait

What a TWW is once the insemination has been done, you wait two weeks until you test to find out if you are pregnant!

Also, here is an update ... we are currently PREGNANT!!!! WE GOT OUR BFP YESTERDAY! I can't believe it and we're completely in shock that we are pregnant! Totally floored and excited.

Talk about an emotional roller coaster!
  • Options
    We changed donors to 12132! First try with him and wham pregnant!
  • Options
    Hi Tomi, congratulations on your BFP, I'm so excited for you guys, it has been a long journey, I did my last IUI in April. After 8 IUIs and no BFP, we are hoping to do IVF if I can produce enough follicles. How many IUIs did you do before you got your BFP?
  • Options
    Jaailu,

Glad to hear that you're still around. We have thought of you guys often, wondering if you were still trying or still on a break.

It has been a long journey. We hope that you get your BFP here soon!!!! It's definitely a roller coaster of emotions.

We did 3 IUI's with 11747 and then we changed donors to 12132. Total of 4 IUI's and positive with the first attempt using 12132.