Options

kimi723- Dallas

Kimi723-

I noticed in another post that you were in Dallas and using UT SW. Are you using the UTSW Advanced Reproductive Medicine Clinic or are you using Dr. Doody's practice? I was wondering because we are using Dr. Ellen Wilson at UTSW and have mixed feelings. Your thoughts and feedback are much appreciated.

- Team B S

Comments

• Options
    Team BS -

We have been seeing Dr Lisa Halvorson in the same clinic.

We LOVE her! She is very pro-patient. She always gives us our options, tells us the pros & cons of everything & will let us decide what options are right for us. I will usually ask, "Ok, but what route would you go with?" and she will tell me. She also has given me information like "My parters may disagree with me on this, but here's why I think this...". She is very comfortable if we change our minds about something we previously decided on. Once when I had an "issue" come up on a Saturday (went in for a day 10 sono & they though they were looking at a cyst but weren't sure) The fellow called her at home & she talked to me on the phone for nearly 30 minutes explaining everything & again... giving me options about what to do next.

I don't know about you, but all the rest of the office staff are great to us. I really like the fellows that do the procedures and am very comfortable with each of them. I really like Dr Halvorson's nurse, Christie. She is sooo gentle and nurturing. She shows that she genuinely cares about us & this journey we are on. (There is one nurse there at the clinic that seems a little bi-polar. One day she is great & the next she is quite stand-off-ish. But I choose not to let her get to me. Luckily, I don't have to deal with her often.)

If you are unhappy with your current doctor, you may want to set up an appointment to meet Dr Halvorson. I have recommended her to friends & wouldn't hesitate to see her again in the future (but we'll just keep focusing on baby #1 for right now!!)

Best of luck,
    K