Options

Getting ready to actually start this process and I admit I am really scared

So I am going to call my RE tomorrow and let him know af finally came to pay me a visit. So I guess this means my quest is about to start to become a reality and I am very scared. It is tough doing this alone and don't know what I would do without this message board. Knowing there are other women out there going through the same thing with the same fears does give me comfort. I don't doubt my decision but it does make me a little sad not having someone to share this with. However, a terrible disease named endometriosis and a little thing called age has forced me to look in my heart and realize I can live the rest of my life without being a wife but I cannot live the rest of my life without my dream of being a mother coming true. I may get married someday but I was told by my RE I am in a now or never situation with having a baby.

So tomorrow I will make my call and will go for my ultrasound to see if I am ovulating. Wow I am as excited as much as I am nervous but I wanted to share this first step with my single mothers to be friends.

Thanks for the support
Patti

Comments

• Options
    Patti
    Good luck!!Some things we end up doing solo but in the end the reward is worth it, I can empathize! good luck:):)
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! So far everything is a go. I start my Clomid today. I do have the love and support of my family and friends and it helps a lot and I couldn't do this without them. I am sure the first time is the scariest because of the unknown factor of how the process is going to be but I more than appreciate your kind and supportive words. They help a lot too!!
  • Options
    A LOT of us are/were in the same situation as you.
    As for the procedure, there's really nothing to fear, it's just like a pap, and is over before you know it.
    All the best in achieving your dream.
  • Options
    I so understand your feelings g0ttalveme. It took me over a year to get the courage to even see an infertility doctor. With problems in having a regular cycle I didn't think I could go through this and especially as a single mom. But you do alot of soul searching and utimately you have to believe that you deserve to accomplish all goals and this includes being a mom. Having a close circle of friends and family will help you get through the nerves, anxiousness and especially happy days. I'm just at the stage of picking a donor here and hope to be inseminated next month. I wish you lots of luck g0ttalveme and if you're feeling sad or nervious talk to someone about it. It does help calm ya down.
  • Options
    it is scary, and exciting, thank the lord we have this option. You will ride a roller coaster of emotions throughout this process, sort of prepares you for pregnancy and motherhood. Good luck and know that the IUI itself generally does not hurt, for me it just felt weird!
  • Options
    I agree, 2beamom :) It feels very liberating to have this option of being a "single mother by choice". Long gone are the days where we have to wait for "Mr. Right" to come along to start a family!

As far as the actual IUI procedure, I agree with all of you ladies - it is uncomfortable, but not painful...similar to a papsmear.

I wish all of you nothing but the best of luck!
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

It is so encouraging to read all of your posts. I started this journey back in October and was all excited to start the insemination process only to find out that I had a couple of fibriods and an ovarian cyst. My doctor said that they needed to be removed prior to me starting the insemination process. I had the surgery and that set me back a few months, but I got the green light last week and ordered a vial of sperm tonight for my first insemination next week.

I'm excited, but don't want to get my hopes up too much in case it doesn't take. I just turned 38 and my doctor said that if I want to have kids that I should get moving on it.

Best of luck to all of you!
  • Options
    I have so enjoyed reading all these posts and appreciate very much all the encouragement. I thought I would give an update as to what has been happening. As it seems my body just wasn't ready to start. I did not respond to the Clomid enough and failed to produce an egg of acceptable size. I was very bummed when I found out the other day but I start my Prevera again today to start the process again. I did have 5 follicles on the right side and 3 on the left so I have hope for the next time plus my RE doubled my Clomid for this time. So anyway that's my update. Again, everyone's posts have been great and I hope they continue. Baby dust to everyone!!!
  • Options
    Hi Patti, I admire you decision to have a baby even though you are doing it with out a husband. I am in a similar situation, due to numerous treatments I've had due to a medical condition and I'm 34 now - I feel like now is the time before I get older. And who knows when I'd find the right guy!! And like you said "I can live the rest of my life without being a wife but I cannot live the rest of my life without my dream of being a mother coming true." I feel the SAME way! We have the rest of our lives to find right man - but not to have a baby. Our time is now. Your message was encouraging. Good luck, Patti. Best wishes! Joanna