Options

Hi! Has anyone on this board actually used donor 12235 and had a succesful pregnancy or are you pregnant currently with this donor's sperm? If so, did you have a little girl or a little boy? Any issues / problems at or since birth? Do you have any photos to share of your new little one with this donor? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    I have used 12235 for 3 IUI's. His numbers are great but I still haven't been successful. I'm doing IVF with this donor in August. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Hi KNC -

Yes, we have more than 5 reported pregnancies for Donor 12235. All are fairly recent, so there probably aren't a lot of babies out there just yet.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi, Riley... How did your IUI go this round with 12235? I just had my second one on 8/22, won't know results until 9/5 at the earliest... My doc also said he had good numbers... They want at least 10 million and he had 25 million this cycle. I'll be checking back in... Good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    Hey KNC, I have not been successful with IUI's at all. Hubby and I decided to move onto IVF with 12235. My egg retrieval is tomorrow and transfer probably on Sep 16th. This is our last attempt TTC before we close the book. I'm way nervous but hopeful that IVF will work out better for us.

So did you get a BFP???
  • Options
    Good luck, Girl... ps- I went to order more of his vials and they are not selling them any longer unless it's to complete a family with the same sibling... if my recent IUI doesn't take, and you are through with your program, do you have any vials you want to sell? :) K
  • Options
    Hi All -

With all the stories about the number of families and kids per donor in the news these days, I think it is important for eveyone to know that CCB has been working hard to limit the number of potential offspring for many years.

An important part of that process is to be able to stop providing donor vials to new families when necessary. Seeking vials outside of CCB or selling your unused vials to a new family makes it very difficult for us to maintain the control so many other banks have neglected to excercise.

I completely appreciate becoming emotionally tied to a donor, but please consider the big picture. If your first choice is sold out, I'm sure we can find you an equally great option that is available.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Yes but then we have to go to the expense of ordering photos, essays, et, on top of the emotional process of starting from ground zero... All with a negative & rare donor... Are there any programs in place to help with that? I was not told when ordering that vials would be "set saide" for sibling families only.... Baaah!
    P
  • Options
    Hi KNC -

If we determine a donor should no longer be distributed due to family limits, and he has vials remaining, they are restricted for sibling use only.

However, because we limit the number of vials we collect, there is certainly no guarantee how many (if any) will remain.

We understand having to choose a new donor can be very disappointing. We do everything we can to help our clients avoid it happening by offering free storage through our Family Today/Tomorrow as well as a Vial Buy-Back option for any unused vials that have not left our facility.

Our Donor Information Subscriptions provide 3 months of access to ALL AVAILABLE information on each donor.

Once you report your successful pregnancy, you will receive a Keepsake Packet in the mail with hard copies of all your donor's information offered with your subscription.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to everyone.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB