Options

sperm count and motility

Hi Scott,

I had my first IUI today...sperm count was 4.2 and motility was 24%...both were flagged by the lab as LOW.

What does CCB guarentee? Obviously, I won't know whether this IUI was successful or not for another two weeks.

On another thread, you gave a contact person to inquire about low counts...is this still the correct contact and would it be appropriate for me to contact her if this IUI was unsuccessful?

Thanks, Kari

Comments

• Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention that the speciman volume was only 0.4mL, which was also flagged as low. The paperwork said a typical range is 1.5mL to 5.0mL.
  • Options
    Hi Jett -

Those numbers are all low. Please contact Melonee at mevans@cryobank.com. She will be happy to help you.

Just for the record, it is important to note that on occasion some physician's will wash every vial themselves -- including IUIs. It is VERY important to make sure that is not occuring as it basically wipes out a significant portion of healthy sperm. I am not suggesting this happened in your case, but I always like to get the word out to anyone reading about the importance of purchasing the right vial type.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thanks Scott!

I will check with my physician to ask about how the lab handles the speciman.

Kari