Options

HSG

This post is for anyone about to get their HSG done. I just had mine done today and I was very nervous about the pain & procedure. I did take 800mg of ibuprofin and one Valium to relax me. It was really not as bad as I thought it would be! The entire procedure was only about 5 minutes. There was some pressure and pain, but it went away as soon as it was over. The great thing is, the results are right in front of you so it distracts you from the pain. What I'm saying is, don't worry as much as I did, its not that bad.

Comments

• Options
    Hey kndertchr-
    I had mine 2 weeks ago and felt the same way. It wasn't comfortable... but it was over pretty quickly and no pain after. I had a sono with saline the next day and it wasn't nearly as uncomfortable. Now I am just trying to figure out if I got an infection from the HSG (I took the doxycycline they prescribed). Have to wait till Monday for an appointment...

Glad yours went well!
  • Options
    I agree. I was nervous also but mine went well. As an added bonus the radiologist mentioned that often your chances of pregnancy are slightly higher after the procedure due to a flushing of the tubes.
  • Options
    My HSG proceedure is not one i would want to undertake again. I didnt take anything to relax me. It was very uncomfortable.She coud hardly get the speculum into my vagina. They dont use any lubricant because everything has to be aseptic. My vagina was sore afterwards because i was tensing up and we all know tensing up up causes problems with insertion of anything. After the proceedure the cramping i had was the worst i had ever experienced in my life. The pain actually bent me right over. I had to take two 800 mg motrin, and whats worse i went back to work. Fortunately, after an hour or two the pain subsided. But, the hsg was normal so i guess it was worth the pain.