Options

Hello! I am new to this site, found it while checking out several cryobanks online.

I am a 29 yr old science teacher, live in TX (Gulf Coast), in a ltr, no kids. Well, my SO has 2 kids (18 & 14) but I do not. We are a mixed race relationship, I am CC she is AA. I am in the very, very beginning stages of seriously considering having a child. I want to finish my Masters degree first, but want to have a baby by 35. I have some time left - but it gets so exciting sometimes I want to do it like tomorrow!

I have been looking at several but CCB seems like the best and I like their AA donors, already have a few picked out!

Comments

• Options
    Hi there, just found common ground and wanted to acknowledge your post. I too am in an interracial relationship (I'm CC and DW is AA). We love CCB and intend to have 3 to 4 children (all biracial). I am currently 33wks pregnant with our first daughter. Good luck to you both! : )
  • Options
    kalli,

If having children of your own is important to you, please don't wait until you are 35 to start trying. You will be cutting your chances of success by about a third and making it much more likely that you will have a long, emotional, expensive road to motherhood.

Read the truth about age and fertility from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine:

http://www.asrm.org/Patients/patientbooklets/agefertility.pdf
  • Options
    Oh I am not going to wait until I am 35 - I was saying that I know I need to have my first child by 35. Well - not that I NEED to but that I understand it will become increasingly harder as I get into my late 30's. So, although I am not ready today - I am planning for the next 2-3 years.

Thx for the replies! And congratulations kmosley11 !