Options

Audio Inteview Very Disappointing - experiences?

Today I ordered an audio interview for $30. The donor spent a chunk of time at the beginning reciting height, hair color, skin color, weight, parents ethnicity, and what he was studying - all of which are found on the profiles. What a waste of time.

THEN the interviewer asked almost the same questions that are on the short profile/essay and the donor proceeded to give answers from the profile. A good deal of the "interview" was word for word from the profile! Another big portion was slightly paraphrased from the profile. In an eight minute piece there was maybe, MAYBE two minutes of new information.

Last week I ordered a video (audio and visual) from PRS. It was several minutes shorter but the interviewer asked almost entirely new questions. It was the opposite of the CCB experience. I felt like I actually learned something new and valuable about the donor in less time and for less money.

I was planning on ordering many more audio interviews to help me make my donor decision but based on this experience I am reluctant to do so. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to hear donors read or re-state their profiles and essays! I think this whole process is stressful and expensive enough as it is and I feel taken advantage of.

I'd love to know if this is the general format for audio interviews. I have posted in the ask CCB forum and now I'd like to hear from everyone else. Thank-you!

Comments

• Options
    Not sure, but I'm wondering if it's just to have a voice to put with things so that if you want it for your child later in life he/she can at least hear the donors voice.