Options

Clomid question

I was on it about 2 weeks ago with no results, only one egg. My doctor said we should let this cycle go and start with shots next to better my chances.
The last few nights I have had hot flashes. Is clomid in my system still? I had no reactions when I was on it. Has anyone had this experience? Shouldn't the clomid be out of my system? I will be 40 this month

Thanks all
Kara

Comments

• Options
    This is a little after the fact, but I experienced what I thought were hot flashes up to a couple of weeks after taking clomid, and it didn't work for me either. I got paranoid for a minute and thought I was entering perimenopause (during which you can still get pregnant, by the way), but as you know from my other post, I'm now ovulating again and had my first IUI yesterday. And I'm 39 (and a half ;-)). I credit acupuncture, but do what's best for you.

--CSS
  • Options
    Thanks so much for answering me, CSS. I had all the same feelings as you did.

email me if you want to chat! Im interested in how you make out and what to expect. Good luck!
    Kara
    ona36@aol.com
  • Options
    karaona -
    I also tried clomid last month and had no luck. I did have 2 eggs though so in that respect it did work for me (which my doctor told me was very good). She is switching me next try to the shots. She said sometimes clomid affects the uterus and makes it harder to implant. I don't know if I had hot flashes - I am normally cold and wear a sweater at work - but there were a couple of times where I had to lose it fast. I also felt like I could feel my ovaries (very weird). Good luck to you.

Aimee