Options

Starting IVF again, not giving up

Hi everyone,
I need moral support.
I'm not giving up on having a baby.
I'm 38 and AMH very low. The problem is even with meds I produce only one egg at a time.
I did mini IVF 2 times and both times the doc missed my egg. I ovulated early.

Has anyone gone through this. Please please I need support!

Comments

• Options
    What meds are you taking? I don't have low AMH but I'm 41. I was 40 when I got pregnant after a new RE opened me up and found I had endometriosis and an endometrioma that was affecting my egg quality. He put me on a new protocol of Femara and FSH. It gave me my best response. The Femara "wakes up" more follicles than just FSH on its own and then the FSH helps them to keep growing. I did 75 of Femara days 3-7 and started Gonal F on day 5. I only needed 300 of the Gonal f when I had been taking as much as 500. This was good too because too much FSH can also damage egg quality. When my eggs got to be a certain size I started ganirelix and then menopur to help the eggs mature at the end. You might ask your RE about this protocol, it's had a lot of success with poor responders.
  • Options
    Also, you should check out the book It Starts With a The Egg. It has some great info on supplements. I took 3mg of melatonin every night during my stims to help with quality. I also did a yoga pose daily that helps blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, which is important, especially the older we get, they tend to get less blood for some reason.