Options

Had 1st IUI on Monday

Just wanted to connect with other couples. My girlfirend and I have been together for 4 1/2 yrs. She has a 13 yr old son and we together have a 20 month old daughter that she conceived naturally(from a donor friend). It was a lot cheaper but that is not my cup of tea... at all! I am trying to get pregnant this time and had my fisrt IUI on Monday 9/28/10. Would like to get comments on any other couples that are waiting to see if it was successful!

Comments

• Options
    There is a CCB Friends facebook group, with mostly lesbian couples...fyi. I have found it to be great support! Good luck!
  • Options
    JLacy304...just wanted to say welcome to the boards!

My partner and I have a 10 month old daughter...I hope your first IUI was successful!
  • Options
    JLacy - good luck to you guys! :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Been reading a lot of the other posts and I have not really had a lot of those symptoms. Didn't have a lot of cramping after the IUI.

Also quick question... I play volleyball and basketball and have a game this weekend. My doc said just go buisness as usual but my gf is a little worried. :) Your opinion.
  • Options
    Ok just checking in! I have not had many symptons like some of the other ladies.
    Starting to get a little nervous! Today is day 8 of my 2ww.

Have taken a break from sports just until I find out.

How early did you test?
  • Options
    JLacy304...we tested too early and kept getting BFN's...that's so disappointing. We started on day 9 and didn't get a BFP until day 11 or 12. If you can hold out, I really recommend not testing until day 14. I remember the heartbreak of thinking it was negative for several days in a row, when in reality we were pregnant. I could have saved us lots of tears if we had been strong enough to wait. :-)

Good luck!
  • Options
    OMG OMG OMG!!!! You were so right Misty and Carla. WE tested on day 12 and got a BFN... we waited until day 16 (i Thought I was going to go crazy) and then got BFP, and then tested again on day 17 and got another BFP!!!!

I still cannot believe it! Thank you for your positive thoughts!!!
  • Options
    That is AWESOME!! Congratulation!! :) We are sooo very blessed! My prayers go out to you during this journey! :)
  • Options
    Thanks aprilfoolz!!! So Very Blessed!!!