Options

Question?

I haven't been here in a while because things have been crazy, but I need some advice.

I inseminated ICI on September 1st, during ovulation. Last AF was 8/16/2010. My cycles are very strange and different each time, but my average length is 53 days, which means tomorrow would be my missed period.

I have taken many preg tests, starting two weeks after I inseminated. They're all negative. I went to the doctor last week, for an unrelated matter, and told him that I might be preggers. He did a urine test, which came back negative.

I don't know what to do. I have the signs of being pregnant. I FEEL pregnant. I have nausea with no vomitting, veins starting to show in my breast, very little to no clear discharge, slight cramping in my lower abdomen every now and then and lack of appetite. If you don't know me, the lack of appetite is truly alarming. I love to eat! But, just like last night's dinner, I ate MAYBE a 1/5 of my steak and only 1/4 of my potatoes. I either get full really, really fast or start getting nauseous. And I'm healthy otherwise.

And, of course, after research, I've scared myself after reading about ectopic pregnancies - though I don't know what would cause it in me.

I know that I really should do a blood test, but my doctor didn't seem like it was necessary, and I had trouble trying to convey to him that I would like one.

It's getting to the points of frustration and disappointment - but I'm trying to not let it get me down until AF visits me.

Anyone with advice or a similar situation? I'm sorta getting nervous about the whole thing.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Audrianna,
    I'm certainly not qualified to give medical advice but I work in a GYN office. For our patients who have the abdomen pain we order a pregnancy blood test which is definitely more definitive than the urine tests. With ectopic pregnancies the hcg numbers don't increase properly and that's determined by a blood test. I don't think you're out of line to ask for a blood pregnancy test. It's easy to scare yourself reading about things on the internet. If you don't feel good about asking your current doc maybe you can get a blood test at a clinic or if you have a family/ internal medicine doctor ask them. Hope that helps.