Options

Successfull IUI Poll

Hello Friends,

For those of you who have had successful IUI's with no meds, I'm curious about your timing...

Could you please share when you did your first IUI (and second if you did a second) after you saw your LH surge using an OPK?

Thanks much!

Comments

• Options
    First IUI- saw surge around 10:30am on a Saturday went in for insemination at 9:00am Sunday - didn't take.

Second IUI - Saw surge around 9:00 am on a Sunday did insemination 9:00 am Monday - success. Currently 31 weeks along.
  • Options
    Thanks Jala!
  • Options
    hi,
    i tested in the am negative.... i tested miday negative..... and now 8 pm i got a positive! now do i go in the morning or wait a day??? any advise will b very helpful xoxo
  • Options
    I never used an OPK. My doc triggered my ovulation with Ovidrel. My first IUI was a BFN. Hopefully we go for round 2 in April.
  • Options
    Hi Emmy,

From my research, obviously every women's body is different which is why this process of being exact is so complicated.

The OPK research I've done says that it's best to test between the hours of 11am - 4pm (give or take) because the LH horomone which is what gives us the neg/pos result is synthesized in the morning.

Since you had a pos test at 8pm (let's pretend that was on a Monday), I would assume it's at the beginning of your LH surge and if you took the test the next morning (on Tuesday) you would also show a pos result...thus you doing an insemination Tuesday evening makes the most sense to me. Then, if you are doing two IUIs during one cycle, you would do the second IUI on Wed of that week. Once we see a pos LH surge, our bodies ovulate anywhere from 12-36 hours later. I'm not a doctor so definitely don't quote me on any of this, just my opinion.

Have you been tracking your BBT in order to see the patterns your body has over the course of a few months? BBT isn't exact but it definitely helps you learn about your cycle..etc.

With that said, I welcome others to share their successful IUI's and/or stories.

Thanks and Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Hi All!
    Thanks Ediggity for directing me here.

I just got home from my 3rd IUI. I started testing at least 2 times a day with my OPK so I could pin point a closer time.
    I didn't do that for my first, had already ovulated by time my appointment came. I had no clue and apparently neither did my DR!

Second IUI I got "happy face" (clear blue) at 10:30 am and went in for IUI at 3pm. It was not successful.

Third IUI (today!) I got my "happy face yesterday at 2:30pm and 11:30pm. Went in today at 1pm for IUI and my DR feels like we caught it at a good time.

I personally think it takes 3-4 IUI's because we just get better at the timing over the few months!

So, now I wait! I will post the rest of my story once I find out what IUI #3 has brought us! Thanks for listening...

Good Luck All
  • Options
    my doctor told me to go in Saturday Morning so it was a day in a half later... my problem is in the middle of my iui i asked how my results went with my hsg test i did on monday and they said my right side might b clogged so now im pissed bc im ovulating on my right side so i asked her what was the point of having an iui this month she said it could still happen! i dunno what to think at this point besides the fact that i just wasted a vial!
  • Options
    I'm sorry Emmy! Keep us updated over the TWW!

Baby dust coming at ya!
  • Options
    Thank u Ediggity! Baby dust to u too!
  • Options
    Lawgal & Emmy:

How goes your TWW?? Do you feel any changes??

Let us know!!
  • Options
    Hey Ediggity!

Well, it's been going...slowly! Today is day 10, I started having light cramps off and on after day 5. Sore breasts since then too.

I have been really irritable too. One day I feel great, happy etc. Next day I want to rip everyones face off! So unlike me. But that could be from a lack of red wine also!

Just kidding, the moodiness/irritability is different, I don't even get mood swings when I'm on AF. So, who knows???

Today I feel like I have a cold....And my work uniform was tighter than normal! So AF is due on April 11 and I'm just hoping it doesn't come this time!

When is a good time to take the first HPK? Any ideas?

How is everything going for you?
  • Options
    oops I meant HPT...I have a hard time with all these abbreviations!
  • Options
    HPT, OPK, BFP, AF. We could have an entire conversation with just abbreviations. :)

I keep reading that you should wait until day 13 or 14 to test. But, I know that you can start testing on day 10 because people have seen BFP's on day 10 but it's unlikely that you'll get a BFP on day 10 even if you are pregnant. This all sounds reasonable until you are in the TWW and itching to test. So, while I'd like to say that I'll wait until day 14, who really knows if my patience will last that long. I do know that regardless, you are supposed to test first thing in the morning (first time you go to the bathroom).

Really interesting about the moodiness, I'm hoping that's a good sign for you!!

I'm actually doing my first ever IUI this week (probably on Friday). I'm excited but totally nervous too. Woohoo!
  • Options
    Well I will wait at least a couple more days! Last IUI I got AF 3 days earlier (day 13 after IUI). Which is weird because I am SO on a 28 day regular cycle!

I am excited for you! I hope all goes well for you on Friday. I was nervous too my first IUI, now not so much! Just want to get the deed DONE!! No more poking and prodding! Everytime I turn around someone wants to "look under the hood" if you know what I mean! With all that said we all will be ready for the actual child birth process of being "exposed"!!!!

I have never had patience! Now, I'm being tested....You will see once the TWW starts, just keep thinking, "Go little Swimmers, Go"!
  • Options
    hey guys well today is day 10 for me too... i have a little cramping but could b cause af is due in 5 days besides that no symptoms... Ediggity good luck this week!
    lawgal i have my fingers crossed for u!
  • Options
    lawgal - I'm not sure if you saw the post on "ask california cryobank", but I responded to your message about donor 11147's pregnancies. I am using donor 11147 and found on another sibling registry that a woman had a set of twin girls from him in January of '09.
    I've had 3 IUI's the last of which I did get pregnant however I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks!
    Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Thanks Emmy...

I woke up this morning and had some cramps too. AF is due to come on the 11th and i kinda feel like it's coming. Oh well....But I won't worry till it comes....hopefully it works out for both of us!
  • Options
    Christina...Thanks for the info. I was wondering why 11147 wasn't being used more often! He is now one of the Donors of the Month, so he may get some more takers!

Sorry about your loss, thanks for sharing that info...
  • Options
    RATS! AF came today...Starting the meds this week...Was really hoping to do a natural IUI! Like I need any mood swing side affects from the Clomid! : )

Hey Eddigity tomorrow is the big day, hope it works!

Go Swimmmers....Gooooooo!
  • Options
    As for timing, ours went like this...

- OPK at 5:30am
    - OPK at 9:00am
    + Opk at noon on a Friday
    IUI at 9:00am on Saturday
    BFP on cd 11

My best advice is to test your OPK several times a day. You're better off to catch it on the early end of ovulation, rather than on the latter end.

Good luck to all of you!
  • Options
    AF here too......
  • Options
    Thanks MistyandCarla!

Emmy and Lawgal:

Sorry to hear AF arrived. She's lame.

We did the IUIs this past wknd and now officially in the TWW!!
  • Options
    good luck Ediggity! im going back next week for my 3rd iui... started clomid today
  • Options
    I got pregnant on my very first IUI, unfortunately I miscarried. But I had an ultrasound on a Friday around 11:30, had the trigger shot at the office and they did the insemination the next day around noon.

The second time I tried, they used no trigger shot and I used a Ovulation kit at home and the timing was way off, but then I think my cycle was still trying to get back to normal after the D&C. Who knows?

I'm having my 3rd try this week, my appt is on friday and I'm asking for the trigger shot, no more kits for me!