Options

IUI Success

Hi there...so, I just had my first IUI yesterday. I was so nervous and excited, and now I get to go through the dreaded TWW. I've been googling a lot of IUI success sites, and I'm feeling a bit discouraged. It seems as though IUI success is about 6-26% per cycle, which seems discouraging. I did not take any medication, so I'm wondering what will happen. Any insight on the success, etc. would be SO appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Hope you have a positive result? What does TWW stand for? When you mentioned no medicine, do you mean no clomid or ovidrel, just using your natural cycle and an ovulation predictor kit, just wondering, I hear the same that the chances for the 1st IUI are slim and rare but I believe in being positive!
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it's "slim to rare"; every person is different. Mine was a successful first attempt at 39. I was given "7-10%". Was it good DNA? (my mom had her kids at 31, 38, and 41) Was it a good doctor? Was it the meds? Was it because I don't use toxic products in my home? Was it any one of these factors? Was it all of the above? Who knows. But it IS possible.

Gltrbug, don't look at negative things that will stress you out. Take each day as it comes and take care of yourself as if you were pregnant.
    I wish you much luck and Baby dust.
  • Options
    Sui, thanks for the nice wished. TWW stands for two week wait. I've still got 1 more week until I know if I'm prego or not. I'm just having a natural cycle, no medication like clomid, etc. I'm trying to be positive, but being realistic as well...just don't want to be too dissapointed if it doesn't happen right away.

DC808..that's great it happened for you first time. If we could all be that lucky! :) I'm 32, so hoping it will only take me a try or two..but we shall see. I'm not too stressed...just want to know. Thanks for the nice wishes. :)
  • Options
    So what's the news??? I did 7 IUIs to get pregnant, but I really think it's because I was taking the wrong medication (5 Clomid, 1 Femara)...pills only gave me one follice and since people with PCOS sometimes produce poor quality eggs I think that was my problem. I got pregnant with my 1st round of Follistim but lost the baby at the fourth month...I'll be trying again with Follistim in 10 weeks.
  • Options
    Gltrbug...it's possible...I got a BFP at 35 (gave birth at 36) and it was my first IUI...all natural!

Good luck.
  • Options
    I got my BFP today after my 1st IUI, it's exciting...now to get through the 1st trimester.
  • Options
    Congrats Sui!!! That is so great to hear :) Did you do a medicated or non-medicated cycle? Congratulations again!
  • Options
    sui....CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU! That's wonderful news!
  • Options
    Sui,

Congrats!! I wasn't as lucky...but will be going in for my second IUI this week sometime. It's nice to see there is hope. Did you use any time of fertility medication? I'm doing it natural, but may consider Clomid down the line. Let me know. Thanks and congrats again!
  • Options
    I did use clomid, was going to do natural. I had 3 eggs ready to be fertilized, so hopefully only one was fertilized as I am a single with no partner. I wish you well with the 2nd IUI!!! keep us posted!
  • Options
    Congratulations Sui! How many vials did you use?
  • Options
    Only one vial, my dtr didn't say anything about putting 2 vials into me at the time and I didn't ask about doing another insemination the next day since it was my 1st IUI and the money factor.

Do others have 2 vials put in at an IUI?

GLTRBUG-any updates, did you have the 2nd IUI yet?
  • Options
    Hi Sui, thanks for thinking of me. I had my second IUI on February 27th, so I should find out this week. My RE told me that it was only about a 5-10% chance with no medication, so if it doesn't work out this time, I'll be starting Clomid. I see that worked for you first time!! So, time to hurry up and wait some more for me. How are you feeling?
  • Options
    Just a bit more tired than usual, so far no nausea/morning sickness yet:) I'm going into my 7th week!!! Have my 1st ultrasound tomorrow morning since my RE confirmed my pregnancy. I feel a bit of weight gain/bloating and happy with my figure, I just feel a glow inside and feel good about myself. My RE told me my chances of a positive insemination was very rare for a 1st IUI and I had clomid/trigger shot so keep your fingers crossed.!!!!
  • Options
    Sui, that's so wondeful!! You'll have to let me know how the first ultrasound goes!!! Can't wait to hear. I'm waiting for my period...or hopefully a positive test sometime this week. Did you have any side effects on the Clomid?
  • Options
    I only felt PMS -type symptons with clomid, cramping, bloating for only 2 days and the 3 days after, nothing.
    Ultra sound went well this morning, so far we are 99% sure there is only one fetus since I had more than 1 egg that could of been fertilized and we only saw one embryo and my RE gave me 5 pixs to take home and called me "Mom" , it sounded really nice so I will continue with one day at a time and continue with my vitamins and milk and healthy eating!

I will wish for a BFP for you!!! :)
  • Options
    Sui,

Well....BFP this morning!!! Second IUI, unmedicated!! I am so nervous, excited, and shocked all at the same time. YAY!
  • Options
    Congratulations Gltrbug thats such great news!
  • Options
    Gltrbug

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm very happy for you! I felt the same, nervous, excited, schocked! I'll keep good thoughts for you! I'm 7 wks and 2 days, so far so good, no nauseau/morning sickness.
  • Options
    That's great sui, and thanks Jana for the congrats! I was definitely surprised and shocked! I think I'm in late week 4 sui, and my ob/gyn wants to see me around 7 weeks, so at the end of the month I will know more. I calculated my due date to be November 20th...

That's great you have no nausea! I hope I am as lucky..nothing too horrible right now except horrible allergies (doctor said I could take a Benadryl), and slight queasiness but nothing major.