Options

Vial Costs

Why are the vials getting more expensive every year? So I guess next year they will be over 700.00??? I'm just wondering why this is.

Comments

• Options
    Hi smacie -

Put simply, our (and every sperm bank's) operating costs increase every year.

Providing the safest, highest quality, and largest selection of donors in the world is expensive. Without our Medical Directors, Genetic Counselors, Donor Coordinators, Quality Control Experts, Laboratory Technicians, Client Service Reps, Web Team, etc. we would not be able to offer everything our clients have come to expect from CCB.

Consider the fact that less than 1% of all applicants become donors. That means we had to run all the same tests on many of the 99% of applicants that failed to make the grade.

We also add new testing as it becomes available or deemed necessary. This year we added SMA testing to every active donor.

And although vial prices have incresed, donor information and shipping have not -- in fact, shipping fees actually decreased last year.

In short, we understand how expensive this process can be for our clients and do everything we can (i.e. - free storage through Family Today) to help.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I am just glad that there is a company that provides this service. This company seems to have the highest professional standards. I can sympathize that the costs can accumulate and be difficult to handle, but I still am very thankful for CCB.
  • Options
    Thank you, Katherine. We do our best to maintain the highest standards possible and will always continue to do so. We are physician owned and have always operated under a strict practice of medical standards and ethics.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I do agree with Katherine...CCB is the best out there. Essentially, you get what you pay for. I was just adding up what I spent in 08' and 09' on the whole process, but since I lost what I finally got I have nothing to show for. My question came more out of frustration. I do appreciate the services offered and the amount of donor information provided, but I'll be glad when I stop buying sperm. ;)
  • Options
    Our goal is for all of you to stop buying sperm too! We must be one of the only companies in the world that considers it a success when clients stop purchasing our product.

:-)

Scott