Options

11325 - Miscarriage prone??

I saw one someone else's post about 11325 that she miscarried at 8 weeks. I also saw that he's had 5 reported pregnancies but no reported births?

I am worried because I am currently pregnant with 11325 and at my first 6 week ultrasound indicate no heartbeat?? RE sais it could be signs of a miscarriage. Do people report miscarriages? I have one more vial, but I'm scared to use it just to have another miscarriage!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Riley -

I'm sorry for your stress. The early weeks of pregnancy can be so nerve-racking.

Your donor hasn't had any reported births yet because he was not available until December of last year. It generally takes a minimum of a year for birth reports to start coming in since most parents have their hands full right after their baby is born. Often times they never think to report the birth at all (especially if they have already reported the pregnancy).

Yes, clients do report losses to us. Most donors will eventually have a few. To this point, 11325 does not have any reported losses.

Saddly, an estimated 15-20% of all pregnancies (natural or insemination) end in miscarriage -- often times before the woman is even aware she is pregnant. It is an unfortunate and frustrating part of the process. I certainly don't want to add to your concern, but I also want you to understand that this can be a normal part of the journey.

I wish you all the best. If you do end up needing to use your last vial, there is nothing to worry about in terms of this donor being a higher risk than any other for a miscarriage.

I hope this is helpful for you. I'm sure I speak for many others reading when I say we have our fingers crossed and lots of positive energy flowing your way.

Best wishes,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi
    I just wanted to say I did miscarry with this donor back in January of 2010
  • Options
    Hi All -

So sorry to hear about your loss, Zentobe. I wish you the best of luck moving forward.

For the record, we now have more than 1 reported birth on this donor. We also have only 1 reported loss.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB