Options

Pregnancies and Vials Available

I am curious if it is possible to find out how many reported pregnancies a donor has, the sex of those babies, and also how many vials you have of that donor?

The donor number is #5749.

I know that you can do the sibling registry once you have a confirmed pregnancy to find out, but is there any other way to find out the sex of previous babies born from this donor?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mash -

5749 has more than 5 pregnancies reported. We do not give out the number of births (because low reporting numbers are very misleading). As with just about all our donors, the reported sexes are about 50/50.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Is there a way to find out about any Miscarriages? If we called are they allowed to release this information.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Hi Mash -

Losses are an unfortunate part of this process. In general 20-25% of all pregnacies (natural conception included) end in miscarriage - often times before the woman even realizes she is pregnant.

Virtually every donor on our catalog that sells more than a handful of vials will eventually have reported losses. It is a normal part of the process. The number of losses a donor has is no more an indication of your possible results than the number of successful pregnancies he has.

Every donor is equally capable of contributing to a pregnancy, as well as (unfortunately) suffering a loss. A specific donor will not change your odds in either direction.

In fact, a loss actually has very little to do with the sperm. Once a pregnancy occurs, the sperm has basically done it's job as a messanger and the egg and uterus take over.

I hope this helps. Worrying about a miscarriage is a scary and frustrating reality that in most cases is just out of our control. Find the donor that feels right in your head, your heart, and your gut and trust that when the time is right the rest will all take care of itself. I certainly don't mean to dismiss your concerns. I just want you to be as confident as possible in your ultimate donor choice.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB