Options

Really anxious

I've decided I am going to take an HPT in the morning tomorrow. It will be cd27 for me, but it will also be 14 days since my Ovidrel shot so I am hoping the hormones will be out of my system. No matter what it says, I realize it's not a definite answer...a faint positive could possibly be leftover HCG from the Ovidrel injection and a negative could mean it's too early to tell...but I think it might give me a better idea of what to expect come Tuesday, cd28. And then I have the 2nd test to run on Wednesday, depending on whether or not AF shows up Tuesday.

I'm really anxious about this. 7 years of TTC is a LONG time to wait with disappointment month after month...and then to add to it the fact that I've had to endure a nasty cold, a knee injury, a weekend full of diarrhea, and a low-grade fever WITHOUT any drugs for ANY of it in the past 2 weeks, AND then add how much money it cost us to purchase the vial, do the IUI, and everything else that goes with it, since my insurance company refuses to cover ANY of it...well, it will be quite an emotional blow if this month is a failure too on top of all that.

PLEASE keep us in your thoughts/prayers that we FINALLY get our BFP this month (as I am doing for you, too!)!!! I don't know what I'll do if this month we have to deal with disappointment AGAIN. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Comments

• Options
    It was a BFN this morning.
  • Options
    Hang in there...it's not over until AF rears her ugly head!
  • Options
    sending you hugs.
  • Options
    It's not over until it's over. All those meds may have had some kind of effect and besides HPT aren't the final answer as MistyandCarla said until AF comes, hope is there. Baby dust to you!
  • Options
    Omesaara, sending you blessings and good luck! I hope that AF stays away and a BFP is right around the corner.
  • Options
    good luck to you!! blessings and baby dust!!! with all my heart!!!
  • Options
    Well, AF was supposed to come today, but no-show. Now I am not sure what to think. Normally my cycles are 30 days, and this is cd28. But then again, I was on Clomid and Ovidrel, which I was told would make my cycles 28 days. My doc said to call on cd28 if my period didn't come, so I did, and I told them what happened with the BFN on the HPT, but they want me to come in for a blood test. Since Spring Break is next week, I scheduled my appointment for Monday so I don't need to take more sick days than I have to. I have one more HPT left, but now I am scared to touch it. What should I do?
  • Options
    It's over. AF came rearing her ugly head today. I've been sobbing a lot today. I wish any of this made sense. We'll find out Friday whether or not we have enough money to try again. :(
  • Options
    Omesaara,

I am SO sorry you didn't get that BFP you were hoping for! Long before even trying, I've always known that this journey would be an emotional one, but I wasn't prepared for how emotional it would be. It is okay to cry and let it out - I have done some crying myself in the past few days. I hope you guys will be able to try again.

I had my very first IUI last Monday and AF showed up four days later!!! I was overwhelmed, shocked, disappointed, sad...all these emotions came over me. It has been financially hard for me in the sense that I have had to move to Hawaii for my IUI's because they do not have fertility clinics where I'm from. So having a timeframe of 3 months makes it more stressful because I really need a BFP within that timeframe.

Well I do not know what to say to ease your pain, but I am truly sorry that it didn't work out and I wish you nothing but the best for the future!