Options

Donor 13948

Hello, does this donor have any reported pregnancies? I know he is a father but I am curious if he has any reported since becoming a donor? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Den -

Not yet. Donor 13948 was only released two months ago and it's too soon for reported pregnancies from clients.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Any pregnancies yet? I'm interested in Donor 13948 but I can only do this once!
  • Options
    Is no news bad news? Is this donor a bad donor? So far this was my favorite pick. As I mentioned, I can only afford to do this one time. I wanted a red headed baby but a baby with any color hair will have to do.
  • Options
    We plan on using this donor for IUI in January and will keep you posted.
  • Options
    Hi Army -

Reported pregnancies from other clients do not have any bearing on your chance of success.

Type of insemination, number of mature follicles, timing of the insemination, and maternal age are just some of the variables that contribute to insemination outcome. On average, it takes about 3-4 IUI cycles to achieve pregnancy. If you will only be trying for one cycle, it's important to discuss this with your physician so that you can try to maximize your chance of pregnancy.

All of our donors go through a stringent screening process and are capable of achieving pregnancies. Their specimen must meet our high quality standards and less than 1% of all applicants actually become CCB donors. Feel free to watch our short video on our donor screening process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NurCUuZaa1c&feature=player_embedded

Please also keep in mind that Donor 13948 has two children of his own.

It's not unusual for a donor to be available for a year or so before we receive a pregnancy report from a client. It takes time for clients to purchase vials, have their inseminations, and then submit a pregnancy report to us.

If this is your favorite donor, there's no reason to eliminate him from your list just because he is new to our donor catalog.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    A friend of mine is thinking of this donor however she is concerned that the medical history is blank. It is hard to believe that no one in the family ever had anything medically wrong. Would you please look into this? She's thinking of not going with the donor because she doesn't feel either he properly researched his family or didn't fill anything out.
  • Options
    Hi Sweet -

Below is a response from the manager of our Genetics Department.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB

We completely understand your concern. All people, including our donors, have limits to their knowledge of their family’s medical history. However, as part of the donors’ qualification process, one of our certified genetic counselors speaks with the donors to discuss their family medical histories in detail, as described here: http://www.cryobank.com/Services/Genetic-Counseling/Donor-Screening/#answer01.

If we felt that the donor was not being forthcoming with information, we would not allow him to participate in the donor program. However, a donor may provide family history details and information to us that suggests to us that he is knowledgeable of his family history but there just happens to be few medical issues to report. For Donor 13948, it is also important to note that he has a relatively small extended family so he does not have a lot of family members who may have medical diagnoses, as compared to a donor with a larger family.

We also follow up on new medical issues in the donors and their family members, and offspring conceived through our program to continually assess and communicate significant medical issues if they arise. More information on this service is available on our website here: http://www.cryobank.com/Services/Genetic-Counseling/Genetics-FAQs/#answerMedicalInfo
  • Options
    Thank you, cryo-admin for the quick and thorough response. I passed on the information to my friend, I'm not sure who she will ultimately choose as a donor, but I think she will take this response into consideration. Thanks, again.
  • Options
    You're welcome! :)
  • Options
    Hi jb0184 any luck using this donor? He is my top pick but my only concern is that he is older than most of the other donors.Im assuming his daughters are older now, just hoping his swimmers are still strong. :)
  • Options
    Hi Miss -

Donor 13948 now has reported pregnancies from clients, currently less than 5.

Please keep in mind that we have an extensive screening process and less than 1% of applicants actually become CCB donors. Our lab looks for a certain specimen quality that is only present in the top 15%-20% of the male population. (Every single donation is evaluated to ensure quality.) This donor has the same chance as any other donor on our catalog to contribute to a successful pregnancy.

If he's your top pick, there's no reason to be concerned about his age. We follow the age guidelines set by ASRM and he was one of the rare 1% that passed our stringent screening process which includes specimen evaluation, genetic testing, etc.

Feel free to check out our short video on our screening process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NurCUuZaa1c

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you Nicole, that is really helpful! :)
  • Options
    I am another pregnancy to add to his history and this was my first try. :)
  • Options
    Congrats Dani!
  • Options
    Thank you! I am nearing baby's birth and babe is super healthy, strong and doing great! We are very excited.
  • Options
    Another pregnancy here. Does anyone have extra vials they don't need? Planning for the future...
  • Options
    Hi twistedbarbie - or anyone else interested,

I do have an extra vial or two that I no longer need. I have an amazing, healthy baby and several embryos on ice from this donor. Please contact me if you would like it and which state you are in - if you still want this donor.

Or, if anyone is interested in this vial, please contact me pandoramalachijade at gmail . I don't have the heart to discard as that would mean beloved siblings for my baby and I want to help another family.
  • Options
    P.S. Would anyone like to connect who has a baby from this donor? I would really love to connect with other Moms/parents who share this donor.

I would be interested in starting a (secret to only us members) FB page or however you are comfortable with connecting.

There are a handful of babies listed so far. :)
  • Options
    Hi All -

Please be sure to report all pregnancies and births. It only takes a moment to do so through our mobile-friendly online form: https://cryobank.com/Services/Post-Conception-Services/Report-Pregnancy/

We also offer a free Sibling Registry for those who would like to interact with other families that have a pregnancy or child from the same donor:
    https://cryobank.com/Services/Sibling-Registry/

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB