Options

Low Progesterone level - HELP!

My RE said I definitely ovulated and I'm 2 days late on AF. My Progesterone level was 3 at 7dpiui. My RE nurse said my level wasn't as high as they hoped and if it doesn't increase soon then there's a chance of miscarriage. I asked her what we could do to help increase the Progesterone and she said nothing...we'll just have to do something next cycle. What's with that! Why not do something about it now? Help me understand something I'm missing. We used our last vial on this IUI and the donor is no longer available.

Comments

• Options
    Hummm...I am at a loss on this one. Surely someone has experience with this and hopefully they will post soon! Sorry about this news. I'm not sure why they wouldn't start correcting this now?????????? I would probably be a little more pushy, uh, more like demanding...but that's just me. :)
  • Options
    Misty,
    Thanks for the comment. Talk about pushy...I left them 3 messages yesterday asking them what the current plan will be if I get a BFP. I even went as far as asking "are you comfortable not doing anything about the Progesterone and just chalking it up to a possible miscarriage or is there anything we can do if the level isn't where you'd like it to be in order to be proactive and give it a positive shot." I haven't heard anything. The RE has had my chart since Tuesday and hasn't even discussed it with the nurse yet. Am I peeved...YES! But, I can't get all worked up about it because it won't do any good. I'm bothered because I feel something in my uterus and don't like the idea of it doing it's thing and I'm at the mercy of a Dr. that won't talk to me about what we can do to save something that is trying to stick. I am doing HPT daily since it's only 4 days until it's 30dp my last period! If that makes any sense.
    10dpIUI and Monday will be my 14dpIUI. Keep your fingers crossed. Wish there was something I could do to increase my progesterone naturally but I haven't found anything on the web.

We'll see...in the meantime...best wishes to you and baby Reece.
    Can't wait to see the new U/S pics.
  • Options
    Since you're still in the luteal phase, as it's called, I'd use the natural progesterone cream... you can get it at most health food stores. You rub it into your skin and rotate to a different place. I use it and it specifically states to use it until AF arrives then you restart on day 12. Maybe this would help??

And I'd be raising the roof... they need to know you're NOT just going to sit idily by and "hope for the best!!"
  • Options
    Thanks Tigger...
    So far no AF! : ) 3 days late on my period : )
    Still feel the pressure on the left side of my uterus which I ovulated from my left side. Staying positive regardless of the outcome.
    The WILL give me a progesterone shot if I get a BFP and it might help keep my uterine lining. They did it for my friend and I'll be damned if they will sit idly by and feel comfortable about a m/c.

Best of luck to you on your next attempt!
  • Options
    I'd still get that cream girlfriend... I don't think it can hurt since you KNOW that your levels are low and it goes into your system right away.

Heading for the consult tomorrow... hoping to get more than that done... wouldn't you know that I feel crampy on my left side right now... the side that the tube is "alledgedly" open on?? Oy, might have to make another decision pretty soon... for the third time...

Good luck girlfriend!! Trying to keep my strangle hold on AF... she's escaped me too much this month!!
  • Options
    Wendy: I'd get that cream for next time... I'm using mine right now since you're supposed to use it during your luteal phase... known as our TWW... before you get the visit from tha HEIFER!! Damn, I can't WAIT for her to show up next week!!

It says to use... based on a 28 day cycle... from day 12 to 27 so you're supposed to stop using it the day prior to her showing up. I'm using it and I know my luteal phase has gone up... I have at least 12 days now.
  • Options
    Sorry... curse of reading... I read that when you have a short phase, it's because you have more estrogen in your system than progesterone and, well, you know already know first hand what happens when you have low progesterone levels in your TWW...