Options

weight

I have looked thru a couple of pages of the topics and I have a question. I am 33 years old and hope to become a single mom. My question is, has anyone had a hard time if they are over weight? I weigh 270 right now, down from 303. Nobody belives that I weigh that much, many think I am about 200-225. I am 5'6" and have always had a good muscle foundation due to owning and caring for horses and other large animals. Any help would be wonderful.
Cara

Comments

• Options
    I just had my sixth failed IUI and I am 5'0 & 190lbs.
  • Options
    Hmm.. don't know. I'm 46, 5'5 and 179 lbs down from 225 last October. I've only had two IUI's (both unmedicated) but the first one I had in May, I had a blocked right tube which automatically cut my chances in half. The second one was right after I had the blocked tube open in August. I'm currently waiting for my 3rd IUI which I intend to use meds for.
  • Options
    Hi Caramarie,

I am 36, weighed 205 and am 5'5 when I started IUI. I work out, lift weights and take pilates- or used to. I had a succesful IUI 1st time non- medicated and am now 29 weeks pregnant.

Hope it helps.

Baby Blessings!
  • Options
    Hi Cara,
    I am 5'5", 270lbs, 30 yrs old. I am currently in my 2ww, 1st IUI (8dpiui today). I feel like I have a lot of signs of being pregnant but I also wonder if its my mind thinking I am because I want this so bad.
    My doctor told me not to be concerned about conceiving.. of course we should probably lose a bit of weight just for the health of ourselves and our unborn child and the fact that were going to be gaining weight with the pregnancy.. but it sounds like you did so thats great.
    What I'm most concerned with is developing gestational diabetes. Currently I am extrememly healthy (except for the weight).
    I wish you the best Cara... KUP! Have you had any IUIs yet?
  • Options
    Hi there. I just turned 40 (eek!) am 5'9 and weigh about 280lbs. I've been overweight all of my life and, like you, look like I weigh less. Still big, but less than that big number! I'm just going to see my doctor tomorrow to get started, but I've had an initial consultation with a doctor who specializes in this field, and he seemed to think my age would more likely determine my fertility (or fertility issues) - he didn't really even mention the weight issue. I've known plenty of very large women who have conceived naturally and have had healthy pregnancies and babies. I'm just hoping that we can all have the same.

And one thing I read that I REALLY liked to hear, is that overweight/obese women tend to weigh less after they have a baby than they did when they got pregnant. What a nice little bonus! :)

Lisa
  • Options
    LOL, I don't know about that one Lisa.
  • Options
    I have heard that women who are heavier are less likely to have problems with osteoperosis. The weight causes the bone to continue to regrow when normally there is bone loss.
  • Options
    I don't know about osteoperosis, but I did weigh less after my son was born. I am 5'2" and got pregnant on my first unmedicated IUI at 29 yo and 215 lb. I got up to 135 lb. by the time my son was born and was down to 195 lb. 6 weeks later. i haven't lost any more weight since then, but I have kept it off. I think nursing, which I did for six weeks (and why that didn't last is another story all together) was to main reason for my weight loss.
  • Options
    ...Umm that should say I got up to 235lb, wishful typing I guess.