Options

Success!

Hi, I wanted to share with everyone and give some hope to other 40 somethings that it is possible. I am pregnant after my 2nd IUI !!!
The doctors and web sites really make you feel like there is such a slim possiblity especially after 40. So, some encouragement for those trying. I will be 41 next month.

I used Clomid 50 mg and Ovidrel the first time with only 1 follicle produced so this time I doubled my Clomid to 100mg per day (4 through 8). This time I had two large follicles. Stimulated with Ovidrel day 13 and IUI done on day 15.

BFP day 28!

I didn't take any extra measures excep a baby aspirin per day since my family has a history of clotting disorders.

No berries, acupuncture, or mucinex...you are bypassing the cervix and going directly into the uterus so it doesn't matter how thin your cerivcal mucous becomes.

Thanks for letting me share and good luck to everyone trying!

Comments

• Options
    Terrific! Rachetds...thanks for sharing! I only wish my RE would have been more proactive but he had me do my 2nd IUI with no meds and now we are looking at low progesterone levels that may compromise the results.

Congrats to you! Best wishes for a successful and healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    rachetds...Yeah! Congratulations on your BFP! That's wonderful!
  • Options
    So nice of you both! Thanks for the well wishes :)

Yes I'm definitely saying prayers for a healthy pregnancy. And will include you ladies for success in your attempts.

Denise