Options

Frozen sperm vs fresh sperm

I could use some advice....
I am using donor sperm which I believe the spermies are good for about 12 hours and then they begin to loose their strength. For my first IUI, the doctor had my IUI done on the same day as my LH surge. From what I've read, I think it would be better to do the IUI on the day after the LH surge. I think that if I had fresh sperm the spermies would last for 2 or more days but frozen sperm is about 12 hours. What are your thoughts? I want to time things right and it's almost time for my second IUI. :)

Comments

• Options
    Ok...
    When I talked to the nurse today, she seemed to think that it was best to do the procedure on the same day as the surge. She said that frozen sperm can last as long as fresh sperm. HELP!! Any thoughts. :)
  • Options
    ryahl"

It's me again...The sperm will last 72 hours... so it should be ok if your ovulating and the eggs are mature....Good luck
  • Options
    ryanhl,
    I've been reading all posts. The people who had IUI successfully were doing it on the second day. This is your second time, i believe that you should do it on the second day. I have my first IUI at the end of 01/09. I also wait to do it on send day. Best wishes to us all.