Options

Does anyone know if this donor has any pregnancies? I really like the profile but am concerned about the No answer. I thought I would ask before eliminating it. I know it takes a while to get word about Pregnancy.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the question. This tends to come up a lot no matter how many times I try and explain it. I am going to write this big so hopefully everyone reads it:

REPORTED PREGNACIES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING PREGNANT.

All our donors' sperm is extensively tested to make sure it is of the highest quality. You have the same mathematical chance of getting pregnant no matter which donor you choose.

In the case of 11576, his first release was not until late Nov. of 2008. It would be virtually impossible for there to already be a reported pregnancy. It is unlikely we will receive any for at least a few months since most mothers tend to report after the first trimester at the earliest.

PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE A DONOR BASED ON REPORTED PREGNANCIES. There is no medical reason to do so.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I know that. You don't have to yell it. What my question was intending to ask was if he was a recent donor. You answered that question. For that thanks, no need for yelling.

I disagree with your point. Sperm can look normal and still be infertile. I know of situations where that is the case. It's probably unlikely but possible. I would feel better choosing proven sperm for that reason. There are plenty of donors so it's not a problem. Funny how you repeatedly say you can not give medical advise but you can forcefully state: "PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE A DONOR BASED ON REPORTED PREGNANCIES. There is no medical reason to do so."

I realize you get redundant questions on here. But some people are new to the site and unfamiliar with the process, so that is likely to happen. Thanks for answering. Have a good weekend! :-)
  • Options
    I apologize if it seems like I was yelling. I really wasn't. I was just trying to stress that making a decision based on pregnancies puts unnecessary restrictions on yourself. It was my mistake that it came across too harshly. I guess need to get better as using the :-).

I understand how choosing a donor can be a confusing and difficult process. One thing we really attempt to do is take the worry out of picking the "wrong" donor. All our donors go through an extensive screening process that involves looking at their semen count, motility, and shape. To be a CCB donor, your sperm must be in the top 10-20% of the entire population. I wouldn't go so far to say that all our donors have "super sperm," but they are all significantly above average.

There are many reasons to choose or not choose a donor. All I'm trying to say is not to use reported pregnancies as one of them.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    When my partner got pregnant, I had mixed feelings about reporting the pregnancy to CCB for two reasons. I didn't want the donor to be curious, find out we were pregnant with his sample and attempt to contact the child prior to being 18. Also I wanted to wait until the child was born because I did not want to report a pregnancy and then there be a miscarriage. That would of been devasating.

We did report the pregnancy because CCB contacted us when we stopped ordering samples which totally surprised us. I realize now, it was selfish to withold that information because that may be the deciding factor for someone to choose one donor over another.

I hope this gives you some insight why people do not report pregnancies from someone who almost didn't.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    heighdeigh-The donors cant contact CCB to ask information on who has bought their sperm or who has gotten pregnant or had a baby..Just like we the clients cant have information on who the donors are or seeing their adult pic, knowing the donor´s name, e-mail address of physical address of where they live..Just like we cant have access to the donor´s personal information they as well(donors) DONT have access as to whom has gotten pregnant or bought their vials. CCB has a Privacy Policy that protects the anonymity of both the donor and client. So there is NO way that you will get contacted by the donor, nor will you be able to contact a donor. Privacy Policy.
  • Options
    I guess I have a question for CCB:

Does a donor know his Donor ID #?
  • Options
    Even if they didn't know their donor ID #, after spending some time on in the donor catalog I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to find themselves. Looking up their physical stats, then opening all of the short profiles and essays to find their own.

Still, like Butterfly said, they can't get that kind of information from CCB. They can see if there are reported pregnancies, but even if they tried to get contact information from CCB, they wouldn't succeed. It'd violate the privacy policy.
  • Options
    I have all the confidence in CCB's privacy policy that it takes all the necassary precautions to protect everyone's privacy. The policy is only a piece of paper. The entire process, whether it is a client or a donor, is an emotional one and feelings can change causing people to do things they agreed they would not do.

There are other ways for donors to retrieve information about pregancies other than from CCB. This bulletin board and others, i.e. she knows, baby talk, are open to the public. Even though they can't reply, a donor can read the entries. Then there is donorsiblingregistry.com, where a donor can log in as a donor. The internet is truly the information highway. I have not posted any personal information about which donor we used because that is our decision.

My goal for my original post was to simply state, there are reasons no pregnancies are reported other than there were no pregnancies. It was not my intention to question CCB's Privacy Policy.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your excellent responses. For the official record...

Under no circumstance will CCB ever release client/offspring information to a donor. They are provided zero access to the family unless we are contacted by a child, etc.

We do not allow donors on our CCB Sibling Registry, although some individuals do show up in the public registries from time to time. Please be aware that as far as we know the public forums do not verify the identities of these individuals. As with any public online environment, you should always be careful about sharing your family's private information until you are 100% sure who you are corresponding with on the other side. If you ever have any concerns about someone claiming to be your donor, please contact our Donor Department for help.

Most importantly, reporting your pregnancy (or the birth of your baby) is extremely important so that we know to contact you in case of any significant medical updates on your donor or any of the other donor children. Even miscarriages are helpful for our donor records.

Thanks again for the input,

Scott
    CCB

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    And yes, the donors do know their numbers.

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    "Most importantly, reporting your pregnancy (or the birth of your baby) is extremely important so that we know to contact you in case of any significant medical updates on your donor or any of the other donor children. Even miscarriages are helpful for our donor records."

That's a very good point. Something I wouldn't have thought of!
  • Options
    fyi, we used 11576 and got a positive pregnancy test this week after our 3rd IUI
  • Options
    Fantastic news! Thank you for sharing. Be sure to officially report your pregnancy to us when you feel the time is right.

Best wishes,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    pregancy test came back negative this week. it didn't take
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I know it is frustrating.

I have a good friend who also just found out her third attempt was negative this weekend. I'll say to you what I said to her... You never know how long it will take to get pregnant (either natural or insemination). This just means you are one step closer to having your baby. And when he/she is born, and you hold her/him in your arms, you will know that the last try was the one that was meant to be.

Remeber, on average it takes 3+ IUIs per successful pregnancy, so you are completly within the normal curve.

Good luck and stay positive,

Scott
    CCB