Options

Message board closed until 10/11

Hi Everyone -

I am working out of our new New York offices this week. Our internal server is not hooked up yet, so I will not have access to donor records.

As a result, I am not able to answer most of your questions. I will do the best I can, but if you need an immediate response to anything, please contact our Client Services Department at 866-927-9622. They will be glad to help.

Until next week,

Scott
CCB

Comments

• Options
    Hi Scott. Can you please tell us more about the NY office. For example, are there specific donors whose vials are in NYC? If we live in NY, can we pick those up and not pay for shipping?
    (or is this simply a donor center?)
    I appreciate any info you can share.
    Thanks Scott.

-Karen
  • Options
    Hi Karen -

NY will be a full service branch. All donors will be available. All CCB inventory is stored in Los Angeles once it has been frozen. You will be able to pay a small transfer fee and have your vials stored locally for pick-up no matter where they were collected. This will eventually be true in our Cambridge and Palo Alto branches as well.

CCBNY is technically open, but we are not quite set up to distribute vials just yet. We need to finish bringing the branch on-line, train the staff on inventory procedures, validate new pick-up tanks, etc. Hopefully by the end of next month everything should be good to go.

Trust me, we won't keep it a secret once we are ready to go. We have been working on this for well over a year and are very excited to launch.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    That is great. Sorry to sound a little dense, but do you mean that I won't have to pay for shipping, if I can drive to NYC and pick up the tanks??
  • Options
    Ooooh I like the sound of that! I'm only a couple hours from NYC and love a road trip!
  • Options
    Hi All -

Yes... Although we are still working on it.

The plan is for storage and pick-ups to be available in our NY branch by the beginning of 2011 (if not sooner). There will be a small transfer fee to ship your vials from LA to NY, but no expensive shipping fee after that. There is a minimal pick-up/handling fee that covers the tank preparation, liquid nitrogen, etc. which I believe will be in the $40-50 range. This local pick-up option will apply to multi-vial purchases. Single vials will be shipped at the standard rates.

I promise we will let everyone know as soon as we are ready to start distributing out of NY.

Regards,

scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Yea!!