Options

questions about sperm information/chances of pregnancy

I had a IUI on thursday 7/17/14, I was on a medicated cycle with Femara 5mg in the eveing for 1 week and Ovidrel 36 hrs before IUI. My first iui was not successful (natural) and I wanted to post the information of both donors I used to get some advice.

FIRST DONOR- Post Thaw : 0.5 mls. Sperm Concentration: 38million/ml

Total Count: 19 million. Motility: 55%. Progression: Slow.

Since this was my first one I was very hopeful that it would still work, obviously it did not... ): the new donor we used, the numbers are definitley greater. It was a medicated cycle with a few good follicles the morning of my ovidrel. Here are the stats of the second donor!!

POST THAW- Volume: 0.55MLS Sperm concentration: 63million/mls

Total Count: 35 Million Motility: 57% Progression: Rapid

As you can see the numbers are way better and Im hoping for a BFP in the next couple weeks! I just need to know anyones advice, some words of encouragement and if any of these numbes matter. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Well, the numbers are stellar, no doubt. My first few IUIs didn't take but my last three did (unfortunately miscarried) but I learned that it wasn't so much about the numbers but the body being ready. I started having more luck after doing acupuncture weekly. I also think it's a matter of luck because my first IUIs were with donors with great numbers and had no luck. The other two donors I did get pg by had similar numbers.