Options

due date clubs?

Anyone interested in starting a thread(s) tracking and sharing our experiences through pregnancy? Maybe we could start one for each trimester or month we're due. There isn't a lot of support for same-sex couples online, so it might be fun to exchange questions and information through this forum about our unique situations.

My partner (49) and I (38) are now 8 weeks pregnant after our 4th IUI attempt. No meds! (We also tried several times with ICI. Our due date is July 12th.

Looking forward to hearing from everone!

Catherine & Laura

Comments

• Options
    I would love to join. I'm due in August. My partner and I go to hear our baby heart beat on 12/01/08 and make sure the baby is inside the uterus.
  • Options
    Ooooh... a little Leo. How fantastic! Congratz, mmcnair!
  • Options
    I'm also due Aug 1! but don't get to go in for my first appointment til 2 day before Christmas.. Ive been such a nervous wreck and don't think I'll feel any better til I get to see the heart beat and make sure she is in the right spot..
  • Options
    I haven't yet decided whether or not we'll go in to see the heartbeat -- though we do have our 10-week appointment scheduled for mid-December. I have concerns about using ultra-sound and dopplar. I've read studies that indicate they might interfere with the baby's brain waves. I know, I probably worry way too much :-) So what are you gals doing to cut down on first trimester anxiety???

Also, are any of you opting for the genetic screens?
  • Options
    Anxiety sucks! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Everyone thinks I'm being a spaz cause I'm so wound up.. Not sure how I'm supposed to be calm considering everything I do could potentially affect the little one.
    Thats The first I've heard about the ultra-sound having a negative affect. I'm not sure I could have that doctors visit and not make sure everything is as it should be. I think seeing baby's heartbeat will be the the best thing for all my anxiety.
  • Options
    My partner and I got pregnant after 5 attempts and a lot of other problems. I am due July 30th and we go in Dec. 9th to hear the baby's heartbeat. Right now my biggest concern is making sure there is only one baby and that I can make it through the first 10 weeks. Miscarriage is a big risk for me personally so it is all I can think about. My stomach will randomly hurt and I will freak out thinking that something is wrong. For me hearing the heartbeat will hopefully make this feel less like a dream and more like it is really happening. Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    Congratulations twomommies and buckman! Is anyone here dealing with morning sickness?
  • Options
    luckily no morning sickness here. 9 weeks and 2 day prego with twins! Due July 6th
  • Options
    Hi everyone - do you mind if I add your due dates to the list we're trying to create on our new blog... to help everyone stay in touch?

http://cryobankfriends.blogspot.com/

Just let me know here or go to the blog and I'll add you... Thanks!
  • Options
    sandigumpert,
    question for you?
    My HCG levels are double what the doc said they should normally be and they are now bumping me in for an ultrasound this week. Was your hcg level really high? did they say this was a probability for twins with you?
  • Options
    Hi Shannon,

What a wonderful idea! We'd love to add our due date to your blog: 7/12.

Anyone else have an inkling as to which sex they are carrying? My partner and I have only dreamt of baby boys, so who knows...

Catherine & Laura

PS -- Sandi, you are one lucky chick. No morning sickness!! Wow! I'm still in the throes, hoping it will end soon...
  • Options
    Catherine & Laura -
    I've added you to the lists and sent you an email to allow you to be an author of a post on the site! Congratulations and please feel free to add comments to the existing posts! Thanks

Shannon