Pack N Play Overwhelmed

Hey guys..

Anyone have a suggestion on Pack N Play? My mom needs me to pick one out ASAP and figure I would ask if anyone has suggestions. She babysits my niece who is 18 months old and needs a way to corral her. My sister has one but that one is at her house. Mom wants one at her place. It will ultimately be mine.

is Graco the best or Chicco one? So many out there, maybe I am so overwhelmed due to the shear number of them out there. Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• I have graco and I like it. No need for the bells and whistles....I recommend getting a plain one...easier to set up.
  • KarenR do you have it with the changing table? Or the vibration? I need the changing table since that is what I will use when I visit my folks for my maternity leave.
  • I have Graco and like it but don't know anything about the Chicco one. You'll find you don't really *need* a changing table! :)
  • nettibug - I am not planning on getting a changing table at all. There are some other things playing in for that reason. This will be the baby's "crib/changing" table for at least 6 months. Did you use it?
  • I had a regular dresser/changing table in the nursery but used a PNP for travel and at my mom's for when we stayed there. Also when we moved from SF to Portland the PNP was his crib before during and after the move until his room was set up. Never tried the kind with the changing table but it does have some sort of mobile thing if I remember correctly. It's hard, there is much gear out there and you can crazy and it's completely overwhelming. The first time I went in to BRU when I was PG I literally got so overwhelmed I turned around and walked out crying!
  • I found that I used the floor (nowhere for my DS to roll off) or my bed (easier on my back) than I did a changing table. I did have a PNP by Graco with the changing table that I used to corral him when I needed to take a shower or run downstairs after he became mobile. I chose a neutral color (tan and light green) so that I could use it when/if I ever have baby #2. There are so many fad 'gear' items that were completely useless to me. The changing table was probably my largest.