Beginning the process,plus size and single

I have been overweight my entire life, some years more than others. I am now 38 and have been getting control of my health and weight, my goal was to wait until I lost 100lbs to then begin the process of having a baby. But I just don't think I can wait that long. Curious if anyone here has gone this alone along with being a plus sized pregnant woman. What challenges if any you've had. Thank you!

Comments

• I am too plus size and doing this alone. Well not completely alone, I do have my family that is a good support. I have been have irregular periods so my doctor is trying to regulate me, we are going to try and start my journey in August. Good luck to you!
  • I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I wasn't ovulating regularly at first so I decided to lose the weight. I ended up doing the Ideal Protein diet and I lost weight very quickly. It only took a few months to get to my goal weight. Then I started the TTC process. I had a healthy pregnancy. Now my son is 8 mths. I don't see an issue starting the process plus size, I had been trying to lose weight and that was my last effort and it worked so well!
  • This has been my worry. I’m 31 and plus size. I lost a lot of weight before even trying, but am still very much a plus size (and I’m in the middle of the IVF process so the meds have ballooned me even more 🤦🏼‍♀️).

Just got to remind myself to stay positive and stop worrying!!!

Good luck with your attempt!

• I forgot I even posted this! Thank you for your reply. I had a beautiful baby boy in 2017 on first try IUI, so I was very lucky. Sending baby dust your way!

• Congrats and do you remember the details of your iui as far as follicle count and size when you triggered etc?

• @Kenzie88 good luck with your process I’m praying for you and I know you’ll do great! Just think you can get a cute walking stroller and get the pregnancy weight off :-) stay positive!