Options

A1 form

I wanted to try ICI at home, but my doctor won't sign the A1 form because of "legal issues that could arise." Are there truly any legal issues that she should be concerned about by signing the form?

Comments

• Options
    Physicians sometimes hesitate to sign the release if they will not be actually providing health services for you. I do not know of any specific legal issues to be concerned about.

More importantly, while successful at-home ICIs are not impossible, your chance of pregnancy are significantly better with an IUI performed by an experienced medical professional. Particularly if you are over 35. We have had plenty of clients who have gotten pregnant at home, but you may want to do a little research based on your age and any extenuating health circumstances before making a final decision.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I've tried finding success rates for at-home ICI but haven't really found anything specific. I'm 26 healthy and have conceived before so I'm wondering if this could be a good option for us. The closest fertility clinic to do an IUI is an hour away:(
  • Options
    Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    midwives are usually willing to sign A1s for home insemination. We had the same problem with our primary care doctor! But our midwife was all for it~