Options

People asking you for Reported Pregnancies

I gotta be honest with you Scott. Its kind of annoying coming here and just reading endless posts of people asking you for: "How many reported pregnancies does X donor have?"...Its become such a custom lately that people come here just to ask you for how many reported pregnancies a certain donor has. Why dont they just call Client Services instead?

Same thing with people who dont wanna purchase their own donor info, instead they're asking around trying to find folks who have spent their money, to share their info with them for free. Not fair. Gosh the lazyness here is extreme.

Comments

• Options
    I feel your pain. Thanks!

Scott
  • Options
    Pamela Marie, I'm sorry you feel that way. For some of us, we are new and just following the trend of what questions we've seen others post. Is there a place where newbies should go to find out what to and not to ask?
  • Options
    Hi Faith -

Please feel free to ask any question you want.

I think Pamela's (and other's) frustration stems from the fact that pregnancy or no pregnancy is already available on the donors' pages. The question is asked repeatedly, and usually by just a few people who post request after request.

Most important, reported pregnancies have nothing to do with your chances of a successful pregnancy and it adds to the misconception when so many people continue to ask the question. All our donors go through the exact same strict screening process and have outstanding quality sperm (count, motility, shape). The number of reported pregnancies is simply a product of the time a donor has been available for sale.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I am considering IVF in a few months, but I am not sure which vials I should order. I have already secured a donor and is a little confused about the vial selection process. Since it is an IVF, I will purchase a ICI/Art Vial. Would this be the right vial for an IVF. Thanks,

P.S. I a very new to the process and all the information helps. Regards.
  • Options
    HI Whiz-

Any vial will work for an IVF procedure (ICI and IUI mean whether or not the vial was washed before freezing). You should ask your doctor if he plans to do a wash on the specimen. If so, you should only order the ICI/ART.

If you can find a donor with A.R.T. vials available it will save you some money. If not, the Premium vials simply hold more sperm and are perfectly fine for A.R.T.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi Scott:
    Thank you for your kind reply. The donor I am interested in only has IUI Premium and my doctor usually washes the specimen before any procedure, so it will be washed a second time. Should only then look for a donor with ICI/ART or ICI/Premium.

Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    I understand why you would be annoyed Pamela, but what about those of us (like myself) who live outside of the US (I am from American Samoa) and would much rather post our questions on here than spend $$$ to make a phone call and ask about reported pregnancies and such?!
  • Options
    Hi Whiz -

ICI ONLY! The ART vials are only meant to be used in an IVF treatment. If your doctor is doing an IUI insemination do not use the ART vials.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    FYI...

Whether or not a donor has any reported pregnancies is listed on his individual Donor Page.

:-)

Scott
    CCB