Options

ABC News on Cord Blood Banking

Having problems posting the link...maybe you can google it. It is a real big eye opener.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Smaciegracie,

I saw this episode, and was floored. What a crock! The way they push this cordblood banking is ridiculous. It's just another ploy to get you when you feel vulnerable. Here, you finally get pregnant, and all the what if's start in. So what a perfect opportunity to sell you a lie!
  • Options
    I'm starting to wonder...If all this is a line on crap..
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not doing it. I was so upset when I saw that coverage...people (companies)are preying on us and our emotions.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure why anyone in this day and age, given the advancements in medicine would not bank their child's cord blood. Secondly, given the fact that half of our children's DNA is obtained from a donor that we don't have access to and cannot serve to provide our children with critical information including blood work, genetic testing, etc. I don't understand why anyone would hesitate on this if they were able to financially afford this. But again this is just my opinion.
  • Options
    I think cord banking in a public bank is fine, but private banking is not worth it because most of time if your child was sick he or she wouldn't be able to use it for themselves, they said a match can be found 90% of the time in public banks.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/private-cord-blood-banking-worth-price/story?id=10568271
  • Options
    I was bothered by the ABC news clip and really thought about not banking until I spoke with my OB and pediatrician. BOTH recommend I bank my baby's cord blood if I can afford to do it. They said it's an insurance policy that you hope to never have to use. I am planning to bank for 10 years and then take it from there. I would rather skimp on something else then to regret this later on. But that's just my choice! I hope none of us ever have to use any cord blood :)