Options

IUI Premium vials also used for ART/IVF?

I recently purchased IUI Premium vials for my first attempts at getting pregnant. If the rounds of IUI are unsuccessful and my doctor determines the need for IVF in the future, I am assuming that I can still use the IUI Premium vials that I purchased? Am I correct? Or will I need to exchange the vials for ART vials? Thank you for your assistance!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sac -

Any type of vial can be used for IVF, but you should check with your physician to see if he/she has a preference. In some cases, physicians or labs prefer ICI vials which are unwashed.

The difference between IUI premium and IUI ART is simply the quantity of sperm. The IUI premium vials will have at least 10 million motile sperm, while the IUI ART will have between 5-9 million. Since less sperm are needed for IVF, physicians may advise their patients to order the ART vials to save a little bit on their specimen costs. If you have the premium vials, it just means that you have more sperm than is needed.

Best of luck with your insemination and hopefully you won't have to worry about IVF!

Happy New Year!

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Great! Thank you so much for the info you all have been so helpful throughout the process, it is much appreciated :)
  • Options
    Glad we could help! :)

Nicole
    CCB