Options

when to move on to IVF

I am on my 9th IUI (BFN today on a home test, but hoping hoping hoping it is too early). Got pregnant on my 5th, but miscarried at 13 weeks. Any advice on when to move on to IVF?
My doctor thinks I should, only from a financial standpoint. I have spent more on these 9 IUI's then it would have cost to do IVF (2 rounds of harvesting as many eggs as possible). My doc sees no reason why I am not getting pregnant and honestly doesn't know what to advise me to do. The plus of IVF is he says there is an 80% higher chance of it working over the IUI. The downside is the cost and invasiveness.
Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I did 10 iuis and finally moved on. Each iui i would say, oh maybe this one will work so i just kept doing them. Just did my first ivf cycle
  • Options
    I am starting the process as well. I will have my first retrieval late January and another in February before transferring any back. That way they can do genetic testing on all at once (instead of after each retrieval) and save me some money.
    Since I am new to this, what is considered the "cycle"? Have you had eggs retrieved yet?